Vegetarian Rant

Bloodshot_Eyes

No, I'm not bitching about vegetarians, or animals killing other animals.

... but...

I went to breakfast with my grandma this morning and I had ordered a "veggie" omelet cause I'm a vegetarian (not vegan). The menu said it had had cheese, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, & mushrooms. Sounded pretty good; came with sourdough and hash browns. It was gigantic, no way I could finish it, had to take the rest home.

So it's nearin' 4:20 right? So I'm thinking: smoke bowl, eat rest of omelet. Great plan right? Commence!

At this point I'm partially through the rest of my omelet and I feel an oddly familiar chewiness... I pulled it out of my mouth and to my terror I found out it was a piece of fucking HAM! I dug into it and found a bunch more. 

FUCKING FUCK!!!

I'd probably been eating it the whole fucking time. 

DON'T CALL YOUR FUCKING VEGGIE OMELET A FUCKING VEGGIE OMELET IF IT'S NOT A FUCKING VEGGIE OMELET ESPECIALLY IF IT'S NOT LABELED!

FUCK YOU!!!

Fuck... 

Fuck it, I'm gettin' high. Totally legal where I live don't ban me bro.

Edited by Bloodshot_Eyes
  • Like 3

She said she isn't a vegan. Vegetarians like to eat eggs and other animal made products, while vegans refuse to eat anything from an animal.

Because they clearly said that they are vegetarian but not vegan.

Not what I'm asking

Asking why vegetarians eat eggs.

I'm well aware of the differences between vegans and vegetarians -- just wanting more insight as to why they will eat eggs.

Did you at least bitch them the fuck out?

I didn't notice until I got home. Several hours away. 

You got FREE HAM!

You should be happy. 

Other people pay money for that. 

People are so ungrateful. 

kek

Not what I'm asking

Asking why vegetarians eat eggs.

I'm well aware of the differences between vegans and vegetarians -- just wanting more insight as to why they will eat eggs.

Typically farmed eggs aren't fertilized. Without both the male and female genetics it's essentially a sack of nutrition without anything to harvest it. No life made, no life lost.

Edited by Bloodshot_Eyes

Don't know. Would also like to ask some vegetarians and pescetarians why they eat fish as well

been told that it's "not meat", yet it clearly is

...Do you believe that eggs are meat...?

Typically farmed eggs aren't fertilized. Without both the male and female genetics it's essentially a sack of nutrition without anything to harvest it. No life made, no life lost.

Here I am trying to lead him into so saying something like 'Because eggs are unborn babies' or something and you go and explain to him that thing that we're all supposed to have learned when we were five! *throws her hands up and storms off*

Do you eat fish/seafood?

There is nothing transparent about this question what so ever.  Clayton is so not itching for a chance to argue that someone isn't 'really a vegetarian'.  No, he's just, ya know, academically curious.  He's just never met a vegetarian before.  This is anthropology basically.

Do not eat my ppeople 

Also eggs = abortion. Chickens are made of meat so eggs are meat. 

Plus Vegetarian is just another word for "picky eater."

no, sometimes pwople are veg for allergy reasons

if eggs are meat simply because they ckme from meat/animals, is milk meat

Ahh ok

Yeah i have a vegan friend who doesnt eat fish so i couldn't really ask him

Asked a pescetarian once and they scolded me, said that it was like "asking a trans person if they were really trans", by asking them why fish is not meat

Didn't bother asking that q again after that ridiculous show

No, the eggs are unfertilized, so they aren't aborted chickens.  Chickens just naturally lay unfertilized eggs as part of their reproductive functions.  ...It's chicken menstruation. :)

Same shit different pile. 

no, sometimes pwople are veg for allergy reasons

if eggs are meat simply because they ckme from meat/animals, is milk meat

So in your world a cow fetus is a vegetable? 

Dude wake up.

I eat pretty much any food but fucking eggplant, the most untrustworthy food on the planet as it masquerades as other foods.  I was once served spicy pickled chicken feet in China and almost yacked at the sight.  Try that shit. It makes ham look like apple pie.  

No, the eggs are unfertilized, so they aren't aborted chickens.  Chickens just naturally lay unfertilized eggs as part of their reproductive functions.  ...It's chicken menstruation. :)

Ewwwwwww. No wonder I'm so grossed out by the thought of eggs. I'll only eat them if they're like, in an omelet or used as an ingredient.

Edited by Phausk

Fucking vegetarians and your superiority I'm better than you complex. Tell me, do you have vegan powers? :v

I remember this show on the health benefits between and all meat diet and a vegetarian diet. They done a test along with blood samples and the meat eater was actually in much better health than the vegetarian, and the vegetarian was an exercise freak. Suffice to say, it was only a little ham, get over yourself...  

Fucking vegetarians and your superiority I'm better than you complex. Tell me, do you have vegan powers? :v

I remember this show on the health benefits between and all meat diet and a vegetarian diet. They done a test along with blood samples and the meat eater was actually in much better health than the vegetarian, and the vegetarian was an exercise freak. Suffice to say, it was only a little ham, get over yourself...  

I could be wrong but if I am correct vitamin supplements or a large variety of vegetarian foods will work. There was a time when I wasn't a strict vegetarian but I had just kind of stopped eating meat and veg altogether, and I still eat very little of it (occasional chicken and fish). One of the doctors in charge of my hormone therapy took a look at my blood tests and decided I needed some B-vitamins, C-vitamins and folic acids. I think I should be okay now.

But I get where you're coming from. I know a guy who's a vegetarian except he pretty much only carbohydrates (at least when I see him, I dunno what he cooks at home), which has me a bit, well, concerned 'cause I care about him. But I'm too shy and polite to urge him to eat more proteins. D:

Edited by Kellie Gator

A lifestyle made of mainly vegetables with small amounts of chicken and/or fish is quite healthy. If you have a small portion of Red Meat a week that is fine, however Red Meat is pretty unhealthy (but so fucking delicious *drools*)

I never even know what to do with red meat, I have no good recipes for it. .___.

I could be wrong but if I am correct vitamin supplements or a large variety of vegetarian foods will work. There was a time when I wasn't a strict vegetarian but I had just kind of stopped eating meat and veg altogether, and I still eat very little of it (occasional chicken and fish). One of the doctors in charge of my hormone therapy took a look at my blood tests and decided I needed some B-vitamins, C-vitamins and folic acids. I think I should be okay now.

But I get where you're coming from. I know a guy who's a vegetarian except he pretty much only carbohydrates (at least when I see him, I dunno what he cooks at home), which has me a bit, well, concerned 'cause I care about him. But I'm too shy and polite to urge him to eat more proteins. D:

I can tell you from firsthand experience that no amount of synthetic vitamins and minerals, no matter how good they claim to be can make up for the nutritional value of actual food. And don't buy into that "we collect x amount of pounds of meat in our colon by the age of whatever" bullshit either, our body is more than capable of handling that. The trick is knowing how much to eat in one sitting and how often, like any food type.    

Edited by Mr. Fox

I never even know what to do with red meat, I have no good recipes for it. .___.

Fry some up in a pan with butter or extra virgin olive oil 

Boil some spuds with a teaspoon of salt then mash with butter and milk

Fry up some onion

Boil some mixed veggies

Fry up some eggs

Profit  

Sounds boring. I'm a harsh critic with these things. :V

Well of course it's boring but I was raised to be a very traditional cook. If you want I can drag out one of my more "fancy" recipes from one of my cookbooks? :v 

How can you be on the internet and run out of recipes?

I don't get it either.

I mostly rely on cook books books or Jamie Oliver's YouTube channel. I don't trust the interbutts.

I mean, just look at the fucking insane disasters you'll find out there.

But sometimes the madness is worth it.

Edited by Kellie Gator

Do not eat my people. 

Also eggs = chicken abortion. Chickens are made of meat so eggs are meat. 

Plus Vegetarian is just another word for "picky eater."

"Chicken abortion" MY SIDES

Let's go picket a Denny's

I'd laugh all the way home because MOCK THE PEOPLE PICKETING WOMEN'S HEALTH CLINICS :'D

But your people are so tasty when served on a bed of rice with some nice pickled ginger, wasabi and cold Sake. ^.^

Still, if the vegivores want to eat eggs, it just makes them omnivores.

As you are an Otter, I expect some insanely amazeballs fish recipes from you.

Maybe they're using the internet of the 90s.

Adhering to a diet for moral reasons is asinine and I will deconstruct any argument for it ITT.

Not eating meat because you hate the taste or for health reasons is okay though.

I love a good debate so alright I will be bite.  First for the record let me state that I am not a vegetarian nor do I personally believe in a moral reason to not eat meat so for the following argument I will be playing devil's advocate.

First lets start with an uncontroversial point that will form the basis of the argument here.  Most, if not all, of the animals we eat are capable of feeling pain and thus can experience suffering.  If we can say that is bad for pain or suffering to be deliberately caused to you then having pain or suffering deliberately caused to another entity is morally equivalent.  Therefore we could say that one should be a vegetarian because they have a moral obligation to not cause suffering when it can be avoided.

How about: "My god, you people want to argue over what people eat."

I don't know if this was directed at me, but this argument has much more broad reaching application then simply an individuals dietary preference.  This discussion involves important questions about the nature of morality and how more specifically it applies to non human entities.  Like is it ok to cause suffering to one entity if that suffering brings pleasure to another?  That is just one of a myriad of questions that are brought up here and by having this debate we try to come a better understanding of these matters so that we can better understand morality itself.  Ultimately what people eat is mostly unimportant and not the central focus of the discussion I am trying to have.  It is merely a convenient starting point.