Xbox 360 Acting Weird

Cyberra

I have an older xbox 360, possibly one of the first or second generation (a white one, if that tells anyone anything). I got it in 2011 and it has worked just fine for years.

The other day, though, I noticed something odd...

I have my controller plugged into the #1 slot, which corresponds to the upper left quadrant on the indicator ring around the center button on the controller and the one around the power button on the main console. For the last day or two, though, I have noticed the green light on the main console switching from the upper left quadrant to the upper right, especially if I'm on the dashboard screen. When I'm actually playing a game it's on the upper left quadrant where it should be, but this switching back and forth is making me nervous about the health of the console. The controller still works perfectly even when the indicator light is showing the wrong quadrant, but I'm still nervous about what it means.

Anybody here have any thoughts?

Obligatory "Have you tried turning it on and off" statement.

Anyway, it's likely fine. It still recognizes it as Player 1, so shouldn't cause any issues. It still reads the controller perfectly fine, I'm guessing.

Honestly though, XBOX 360s aren't the longest living things. It will probably break eventually, but personally, I doubt it'd be from anything related to this.

47 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Obligatory "Have you tried turning it on and off" statement.

Anyway, it's likely fine. It still recognizes it as Player 1, so shouldn't cause any issues. It still reads the controller perfectly fine, I'm guessing.

Honestly though, XBOX 360s aren't the longest living things. It will probably break eventually, but personally, I doubt it'd be from anything related to this.

It's been doing it over a span of three days now, with the console being turned on and off. Yes, it reads the controller perfectly fine, no hitches in character movement, trigger speed, or block placement except what's due to my own klutziness