Getting sedated at the dentist is weird man

TrishaCat

On Tuesday I got my two remaining wisdom teeth pulled. It was a very strange experience. I get there with a friend and they have me fill out a form. I fill it out, turn it in, and they tell me "all right, follow me to the back". And I'm like "wait, right now? Already" and sure enough yep I was heading inside. I sat down, they got equipment ready, and then they stuck me with a needle of what I'm assuming was what they were using to sedate me. Within 30 seconds of that I began to feel more and more nauseous, very sweaty and uncomfortable. They asked me how I was doing and I said as much. They put me on oxygen and told me to just breath through my nose, they put an IV in me and asked how I felt. I told them slightly better but still awful, and then after that I have no recollection of anything. I *think* I fell asleep but I don't even remember dozing off. Next thing I know they're telling me the procedure's over and my ride is here to take me out. They walk me out as I have trouble walking, and after that my day went about normal (minus a mild headache and some pain in my cheeks).

Its so bizarre, I don't remember falling asleep but that must be what happened. It was so sudden, like there's just a black spot during the time the procedure happened.

Also, let me just say that for the first few days it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKSSSS. I got so tired of eating just soup so fast man.