So who remembers the Wild Arms Series?

Naesaki

Wild Arms, do you remember?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. So do you know it?

• Yes I remember it!
    • No! What the hell is this and why would you make a thread for such an unknown series, get out!

WildArmsAll_3461.jpg.e05e21fe3b036b96ccf

So as the title says, anyone remember this lovely little gem of a jrpg wild west inspired jrpg series? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/WildArms?from=Main.WildArms

If there is one series I wish would get a revival in some form, Wild Arms 3 was easily one of my favourite games from my childhood and the PS2 era, the cast was all generally quite likeable and from what I remember the plot was fairly well executed.

I missed out on quite a lot of this series though as most of it never made its way to Europe and I wasn't really the importing kind back then, was something about the more niche jrpgs back then were most developers/publishers were like "Naaah!! Europe aisn't interested in this type of stuff." even though there was a fairly large following for such things, honestly I still think it boiled down to the whole most publishers not wanting to bother to translate the games into French, Italian, German and Spanish which was required most of the time.

Edited by Naesaki
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

Finished the original on Playstation plus a few years ago especially if you know a certain cheat to get 255 of every item. I happen to really like the item icons of the first one.

And three was very interesting which introduced how the force meter was handles which carried over to future games.

Its a shame the series is effectively dead, I got 5 on emulator and really enjoyed it, but not been able to find 4 at all.

Edited by Naesaki

Love this series! 3 was easily my favourite, but I haven't played 2 or anything after 4.

7 minutes ago, Naesaki said:

Its a shame the series is effectively dead, I got 5 on emulator and really enjoyed it, but not been able to find 4 at all.

I have the opposite problem, I have 4 but I haven't been able to find 5. To be honest, I didn't like that one as much and never did get around to finishing it.  The art direction and characters weren't that appealing  to me.  5 actually looks really cool.

3 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

Love this series! 3 was easily my favourite, but I haven't played 2 or anything after 4.

I have the opposite problem, I have 4 but I haven't been able to find 5. To be honest, I didn't like that one as much and never did get around to finishing it.  The art direction and characters weren't that appealing  to me.  5 actually looks really cool.

If you have the PS2 Emulator I'd highly recommend it, has quite a nice cast of characters.

You know what other series I wish would be revived, Grandia and Skies of Arcadia

Just now, Naesaki said:

If you have the PS2 Emulator I'd highly recommend it, has quite a nice cast of characters.

You know what other series I wish would be revived, Grandia and Skies of Arcadia

Yeah, Skies of Arcadia! I still have that one for GameCube but never got around to finishing it, either.  So many RPGs, not enough time. x.x

2 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

Yeah, Skies of Arcadia! I still have that one for GameCube but never got around to finishing it, either.  So many RPGs, not enough time. x.x

Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross etc needs to come back as well but SE just seem to content to never go back to it ;w;

Xenosaga also needs to be complete, there was still some episodes that never happened.

Edited by Naesaki
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Naesaki said:

Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross etc needs to come back as well but SE just seem to content to never go back to it ;w;

Xenosaga also needs to be complete, there was still some episodes that never happened.

Yes to all of this. I'd like a remastered Chrono Cross. That would be pretty cool.

But as for Xenosaga, sadly they won't be doing anything else with it. TTwTT Well, as far as I know anyway. Especially since they have the Xenoblade series to be concentrating on.

But let's see how far a Spiritual Successor to a Spiritual Successor can go!

• Like 1