Rocksmith 2014

axelthefox

5 hours ago, 6tails said:

It's fun and it's okay for learning a song, but does not do much in teaching you some of the basics one should need to know.

Yeah i know. Of course i find it better than most tabs. Cause tabs show you where to put your fingers,but they don't show you the rhythm of the song.

1 minute ago, axelthefox said:

Yeah i know. Of course i find it better than most tabs. Cause tabs show you where to put your fingers,but they don't show you the rhythm of the song.

tabs do show the rythm of it, if they are done properly, the value of each note is signaled, and at the top of the page you'll see the tempo of the song. Also if you need a more interactive tab system, you should lookup tabs on songsterr ^w^

Rocksmith is fun but I find it more gimmicky than anything, especially when you already know a song but it will display you a noob version of it.

7 minutes ago, 6tails said:

You need to download TuxGuitar (Get the JET compiled version, by all means) and then find Guitar Pro downloads of your fave tabs.

You'll note that you get both tab and sheet music with proper timing intervals if done by a competent person - start learning! :3

again no real need to download any software with songsterr.. I use tuxguitar for passing on tabs of my composition to my band though.. very useful

songsterr example (Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson): http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/eric-johnson-cliffs-of-dover-tab-s6701t0

Just now, 6tails said:

Most songsterr songs I've tried are horrible failures.

911tabs or Ultimate-Guitar FTW.

I don't have this issue, a lot.. I'm not much of a cover artist but when I cover a song, I always double check by ear on the recording

Just now, 6tails said:

I'm prolly picky because most tabs I look up are to check with the actual official tab books I have.

wow you buy tab books? I've only ever had a few in my hands, and one was AC/DC that I borrowed at a library... You know how AC/DC recorded their Bon Scott era tracks with a slightly out of tune recording  and because of that a lot of people mistabbed their songs so it sounds like the recording instead of being what they physically play? Well the official tab book was like that... That's why now I also double-check on live recordings of the band to see what they play

2 minutes ago, 6tails said:

They only uptuned by 5 cents. Literally nothing on an SG, that didn't phase the truss rod at all.

people still mistabbed it though and you can very well hear the differnce by ear... also careful before talking trash of the SG.. or Fluffy will come for you ^w^

• 2 weeks later...