untz untz untz untz

Vaer

[Insert obligated spiel about how horrible my life is]

Now that that is out of the way, life lately has been pretty awesome! Since New Year's Day a good amount of things have started going my way.

A few good people on here know of my life situation. In short, my head is one jumbled mess of a cluster fuck so recalling recent or past events, people (even family members), and small things from my past get pretty frustrating. Frustrating for me and especially frustrating for the people who were charged with my care. Luckily, a few things that have stayed true and constant are my knowledge of games, books, music, and movies/tv shows. Because of this many of my recalled memories and thoughts are strongly tied to these subjects.
But this is all a story for another day.

ANYWAY, on to my rave.

I LOVE tabletop RPGs (RPGs in general) and I love books. 

While perusing some second hand book shops, I came across a source book for an RPG I used to play with a group of friends and some family in days long lost to me.

5690e975513c6_2016-01-0903.01.23.thumb.j

As far back as I can consciously remember, I've been wanting this book. I don't know the reason, nor do I have any use for it (no group to play with), but one thing is for certain; as soon as I found it something changed. A flood of feelings and emotions that I figured were gone overtook me. Since buying it I've been reading it over and over and over. It reminded me that just because my initial Stat rolls aren't ideal doesn't mean I'm ineffective. Options are still open to me and adventure is still out there for me to relish in. Finding this book has brought me immense joy and satisfaction in anticipation that this year just might be THE year things will go ok! Even if things don't go well it still feels like things will be fine. Adding to this there are still many upcoming events for me to look forward to.

It's the little things, like a book, that can change a mindset from negative to positive.

Life is a game and I'm not quitting near the middle.

Life IS great. Painstakingly great.  Diabolically great.

Despite circumstances, if I can't see its greatness then that just means I need another change of perspective.

Edited by Vaer
  • Like 5

I am glad that you, despite what might be going wrong in your life, have things that bring you such joy. 

9 hours ago, Vaer said:

Life is a game and I'm not quitting near the middle.

Life IS great. Painstakingly great.  Diabolically great.

Also these are just some wonderful words and with your permission I would like to put that quote in my signature.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MuttButt said:

D'aww, you're so cute Vaer. I love to see that kind of optimism~

You and me should start a pathfinder game or somethin' sometime :3

>w< Yes indeedy Matty! But we'll need a DM. Unless you'd be willing to try a game I've been personally working on. We won't need a group and it can be played with one character and one DM.

8 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Why is Abe Lincon on the cover?

What was his secret power? 

It's just as @Zeke said. Except he has one other power: Freeing those in Slavery.

1 hour ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

I am glad that you, despite what might be going wrong in your life, have things that bring you such joy. 

Also these are just some wonderful words and with your permission I would like to put that quote in my signature.

Please, do as you will with it. I definitely don't mind you using it. I'm truly honored.

6 hours ago, Vaer said:

>w< Yes indeedy Matty! But we'll need a DM. Unless you'd be willing to try a game I've been personally working on. We won't need a group and it can be played with one character and one DM.

This reminds me i haven't played a tabletop campaign in a while and it would be fun to be in one.

18 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

This reminds me i haven't played a tabletop campaign in a while and it would be fun to be in one.

If we ever do end up getting something going I'll be sure to keep you in mind! The more the merrier.