Starcraft 2 bothers me

Tyranno

So normally, with these strategy games I play factions with solid troops but mainly with high speed and/or maneuverosomething. Anyway, what's really odd is that I play Terran on Starcraft 2, and GDI* on C&C 3 and yet, despite GDI being much slower in relative terms than Terrans, when playing C&C 3 I still feel more like I'm playing my own way than when playing Starcraft 2. 

Given Starcraft 2 is allegedly the best RTS ever (or something) for strategy its  lack of options is very disappointing,

* Its a tangent, but in case anyone would question this, Nod has faster units, but fairly weak ones.The Marked of Kane subfaction might be a sensible choice, but that would require common sense.

Edited by Tyranno

On 17/2/2016 at 7:24 AM, Tyranno said:

Given Starcraft 2 is allegedly the best RTS ever (or something) for strategy its  lack of options is very disappointing,

What the masses might consider a good RTS (twitch gameplay, repetitive mindless clicking to micro manage an economy and units that keep clumping, precise mechanical timing) may be different from what so-called armchair generals might consider a good RTS (strategic flexibility, good controls, more focus on tactics/strategy than clicking spawn larvae every 30 seconds).

If you're after a commercial RTS I can recommend Dawn of War Soulstorm. It's got better controls (less mindless clicking) and a much larger variety of factions and units including two factions geared towards speed and glass cannons (Eldar and Dark Eldar which actually play rather differently from each other).

If you're after a great free and open source RTS then give Zero-K a shot (get the portable version it's more convenient). It's got the best controls out of any RTS I've played, a great variety of factories AND it has pylons ;3