Rant: Good night, Peter Lustig :c

Käpt'n

When I was wee little lad I mainly used two watch to shows on TV. The first one was "Die Sendung mit der Maus", literally "The Program with the Mouse". It is essentially a very simple educational show aimed at kids with some funny segments in between. It's a very neutral show with a focus on facts and pretty much everyone loves it.

The second show was "Löwenzahn", which means "Dandelion". It is also an educational show but in a completely different format. It's about Peter Lustig who tries to solve common daily problems in a quirky way and he drops some knowledge on you along the way. It's also a highly acclaimed show because, just like Die Sendung mit der Maus, it aims to educate kids about the world in a very charming way.
I remember, in one episode Peter was taking a bath outside the construction trailer he lives in. The show started in the early 80s, so things were... Different back then. So no one really cared that he was completely naked, like full frontal nudity naked! Seeing the wang of a 60 years old dude on TV was.... Slightly traumatizing I guess? :'D

But other than that I loved the show. I learned so much while watching it!

Peter retired in 2005 because of health issues, he was 67 and also had lung cancer in 1987.
Sadly, he died on the 23rd among his family members...

That hit me pretty hard. I always liked him and I highly respect him for what he did for children.
Although, fun fact: He actually didn't like children at all :)

OnTopic:

... Abschalten!

OffTopic:

On 25.2.2016 at 2:44 PM, Käpt'n said:

Although, fun fact: He actually didn't like children at all :)

Got any source on that? Only thing i heard about concerning Peter and Kids was the Bild... being the Bild (Before the printed toiletpaper effed it up it was about working with kids for filming being hard because 'kids spontaneousness' and 'repeating stuff until it is just right for the camera' don't mix well, iirc)

27 minutes ago, Toboe said:

OnTopic:

... Abschalten!

OffTopic:

Got any source on that? Only thing i heard about concerning Peter and Kids was the Bild... being the Bild (Before the printed toiletpaper effed it up it was about working with kids for filming being hard because 'kids spontaneousness' and 'repeating stuff until it is just right for the camera' don't mix well, iirc)

Apparently it really isn't true!
The author who accidentally started that rumor wrote an article about it: http://www.zeit.de/kultur/film/2016-02/peter-lustig-kinder-geruecht