Hearthstone Thread

CrazyTundraWolf

So with the new expansion for Hearthstone probably coming out in a few months , it felt like a good time to make this thread.

What's your favourite class? Favourite legendary? Maybe a deck you really like or a really weird game you just had? Talk about it. Here.

On that note; I UNPACKED A GOLDEN JARAXXUS WOO! I have wanted this card ever since I first saw it, don't even care that it's pretty situational.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

not just the new expansion but the whole Standard mode thing coming out which will be big.

Also jarraxxus is a pretty good legendary and nice for handlock/control warlock decks.

Yeah I've notice that actually, after I unpacked him I put him in a really basic handlock deck. Its actually got me kinda far through the rankings.

Edited by CrazyTundraWolf
Handlock not handbook >:(

8 hours ago, CrazyTundraWolf said:

Yeah I've notice that actually, after I unpacked him I put him in a really basic handlock deck. Its actually got me kinda far through the rankings.

Yea he's a good legendary. also since you're talking about rankigns not sure if you heard of the new standard mode coming in.

I'm personally going to be way more interestind in standard than i have in ranked for a while. the main reason i have been playing was through tavern brawls.

4 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Yea he's a good legendary. also since you're talking about rankigns not sure if you heard of the new standard mode coming in.

(video)

I'm personally going to be way more interestind in standard than i have in ranked for a while. the main reason i have been playing was through tavern brawls.

I did hear about this and I'm kinda excited for it. The amount of aggro decks is probably going to go down , but sadly we're gonna lose some cool cards like antique healbot and baron Rivendare (rip my dreadlock gimmick deck ;-;)

Eh atleast Shaman will probably make a comeback , does anyone play shaman at all in the current game?

Just now, CrazyTundraWolf said:

I did hear about this and I'm kinda excited for it. The amount of aggro decks is probably going to go down , but sadly we're gonna lose some cool cards like antique healbot and baron Rivendare (rip my dreadlock gimmick deck ;-;)

Eh atleast Shaman will probably make a comeback , does anyone play shaman at all in the current game?

the only viable shaman deck is face shaman, also i'm not too sure if aggro will go down that much i hope it does though. there does need to be some nerfs in basic cards. the most obvious nerf is Savage/Force combo. Honestly I hope they nerf Big Game Hunter since he's a bit too punishing on 7 atk or more minions and kind of makes them mostly unviable unless they are absurdly good (like doctor boom). If you have ever watched pro analysis of cards when a new set comes out they often rule out some bigger late game cards mainly because BGH. He really limits card design for higher cost cards. 

20 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

the only viable shaman deck is face shaman, also i'm not too sure if aggro will go down that much i hope it does though. there does need to be some nerfs in basic cards. the most obvious nerf is Savage/Force combo. Honestly I hope they nerf Big Game Hunter since he's a bit too punishing on 7 atk or more minions and kind of makes them mostly unviable unless they are absurdly good (like doctor boom). If you have ever watched pro analysis of cards when a new set comes out they often rule out some bigger late game cards mainly because BGH. He really limits card design for higher cost cards. 

Yeah I hope they nerf bgh , I was thinking that they should change it to something like "deal 2 damage to a minion, if it has 7+ attack deal 5 damage instead" something like that. I also hope we get some more discard based cards, I want a discard deck , maybe a warlock legendary that adds all cards discarded this game back to your deck. 

I got to rank 16 this season, which I'm pretty happy with considering I usually on play enough to get to rank 19.

Also are there in none legendary cards anyone knows of that I could replace my boulder fist ogres and kobolds with? I've got the basic stuff for handlock (azure dare,twilight drake , defender of Argus,ect) but I think I need to replace these cards.

14 hours ago, CrazyTundraWolf said:

I got to rank 16 this season, which I'm pretty happy with considering I usually on play enough to get to rank 19.

Also are there in none legendary cards anyone knows of that I could replace my boulder fist ogres and kobolds with? I've got the basic stuff for handlock (azure dare,twilight drake , defender of Argus,ect) but I think I need to replace these cards.

slyvannas would be better than boulder fist. also you need mountain and molten giants for handlock.you could also work towards a demon version that would have doomgaurds and void keepers, though keep in mind standard will be coming in soon so be careful what you craft and don't disenchant anything.

This weeks tavern brawl is interesting, anyone else play it yet?

14 minutes ago, CrazyTundraWolf said:

So whispers of the old God's was just announced, three free card packs along with C'thun which looks like a pretty fun legendary.

I kinda think the new loot hoarder and healbot look pretty bad.

I don't really like how they made cards that exclusively buff C'Thun.

It's like they're trying to make our decks for us. There are no other ways to use those cards.

1 minute ago, DrDingo said:

I don't really like how they made cards that exclusively buff C'Thun.

It's like they're trying to make our decks for us. There are no other ways to use those cards.

I guess it's a little annoying  but it still sounds like a fun idea. Seriously can you imagine playing.a brann and then next turn playing  a 20/20 C'Thun for 40 damage?

1 hour ago, CrazyTundraWolf said:

I guess it's a little annoying  but it still sounds like a fun idea. Seriously can you imagine playing.a brann and then next turn playing  a 20/20 C'Thun for 40 damage?

Sounds like it's all you need to make a broken game

That would not be fun to play against.

Also, damage dealt is equal to its attack, so it's 20 damage

6 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Nah because dropping the brann bronzebeard would trigger it twice, unless you mean the damage isn't split...?

3 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Brann's ability to make battlecrys act twice so in that situation it would go off twice. Ofcourse, you would need brann to live a turn, and getting it to 20 sounds is not something yet viable with the cards we have seen. Also unless they nerf BGH (which is one of the basic set cards they really should nerf) after it's pretty devastating battlecry it wouldn't do too much. Also the issue with this strategy is you have to draw it. Most decks don't consistently go through their entire deck which means that it is hard to consistently get this off each match.

Also with the new absence of Zombie chow, Antique Healbot, and Sludge Belcher in standard I wonder how slow decks are going to stop and fight against Aggro decks there is going to need to be some hard slowdown in this expansion in order to stop aggro.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CrazyTundraWolf said:

Nah because dropping the brann bronzebeard would trigger it twice, unless you mean the damage isn't split...?

12 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Brann's ability to make battlecrys act twice so in that situation it would go off twice.

Yeah, okay. I'm a dummy with names. I thought you were on about that card that buffs C'Thun.

I, for one, am not looking forward to the new 'Buff the legendary and win with RNG' strategy

29 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Yeah, okay. I'm a dummy with names. I thought you were on about that card that buffs C'Thun.

I, for one, am not looking forward to the new 'Buff the legendary and win with RNG' strategy

Eh I think it'll probably end up as a gimmick deck to be honest , I don't know why it just has a really gimmicky feeling to it. 

I'm just hoping handlock stays  a thing because I'm working on a deck for that, still missing the giants.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrazyTundraWolf said:

I'm just hoping handlock stays  a thing because I'm working on a deck for that, still missing the giants.

Oh, my boy.. Handlock will always be a thing until the day they invent a cure for cancer

4 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Oh, my boy.. Handlock will always be a thing until the day they invent a cure for cancer

most people consider SMOrc decks to be cancer rather than anything control related. Also without sludge,zombie chow, dark bomb, and healbot I feel like handlock is going to be severily disadvantaged against SMOrc decks.

• 2 weeks later...

So a bunch of cards have been released now and I think most of them look kind of interesting. 

Some people are saying the new hogger is trash while other people are saying it might be the New Dr.Boom. 

Kinda sad DOOM! Is basically a worse twisting nether because I'm sure the animation will be awesome , and the fact that was the warlock card was announced , can't we see the forbidden spell for it? Or release all the forbidden spells at once.

The priest legendary looks pretty interesting as well, some people saying it might make deathrattle priest a thing,you know , if they actually add some decent deathrattle minions in this expansion ( so not infested taurun)

Edited by CrazyTundraWolf

Cards are being released daily so i'm surprised others haven't talked more about it.

I haven't heard anyone say it would be the hogger would be the new doctor boom, however Kripp made a good point of how the hogger is a great counter for Cthun. Doom could be okay in Renolock since that's the only deck that runs twisting nether but idks. All the Cthun followers seem pretty good stat wise which is useful.

Also recently I got my first rouge 12 win arena run, and I didn't even have any SI agents, deadly poisons, or dark iron skulkers. Now the only classes I haven't got 12 win runs with are Hunter, Warrior, and maybe Druid.