For history buffs here.

CETME

A lot of people laugh at Canada but we had the highest per capita number of soldiers killed among all allied countries. 

Also on D-Day it was the British, Americans, and Canadians who took to battle to free Europe.

When my friends travel to Europe they often visit Canadian graves and war memorials. 

There are no small number of towns that were liberated by Canadian soldiers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

A lot of people laugh at Canada but we had the highest per capita number of soldiers killed among all allied countries. 

Also on D-Day it was the British, Americans, and Canadians who took to battle to free Europe.

When my friends travel to Europe they often visit Canadian graves and war memorials. 

Lots of people like to forget about the canadians, the anzac forces, and the colonial armies for some reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

No one laughs at Canada, Europe remembers.

• Like 1

I remember seeing this video a while back, I thought it was pretty Anglo-centric. Like it spends most of its time discussing the western countries and kinda glosses over Asia and the rest. Still, it's neat.

But back to Anglo-centrism. As for Canada, something I never see mentioned is our contribution in the Atlantic during the Second World War. Britain couldn't produce what it consumed on its islands and relied on Canada and the US to provide it with resources. The country would have starved and likely exited the war if the supplies had stopped, and it largely fell on the Royal Canadian Navy to convoy supplies and provide protection. When the war broke out our navy was tiny, ill-equipped and inexperienced; we took volunteers who had never seen a body of water and knew nothing about ships, then threw them on corvettes and a few destroyers to keep convoys running to Britain. By the end of the war Canada had the third largest navy in the world, albeit without the battleships and aircraft carriers of the major powers.