Oxytocin spray for couples and social anxiety

Ricky

I just read in a book written by a neuroscientist they are actually selling this stuff online:

http://www.verolabs.com

I've know about the research surrounding it for quite a while, but not that its being sold for $80 a bottle online. It has been shown to help with social anxiety and is correlated with couples staying together and monogamy, and has demonstrated some success treating Autistic Spectrum Disorder though the data is questionable.

Keep in mind it is correctly used as a nasal spray. I'm not sure why the first product is marketed as a "body spray" but my guess is its to avoid any possible liability. There's no way that monstrosity of a protein would make it through skin, whatever carrier it might be with.

This is cool! x3

I also found places selling telemorase online as an anti-aging product, though there isn't much good research around its use and you'd have to find a ROA that similarly would allow it to pass through to individual cells and would probably promote cancer, or at least that has always been my guess.

3 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

At first I thought this was Oxycontin spray! That might work, too ;)

Oxycontin would probably increase increase sex drive, since it has an analogous effect on the ventral tegmental area as cannabis, amphetamines and believe it or not, nicotine. It's most noticeable with amphetamines and other similar stimulants though.

Honestly, oxytocin has more to do with partnering behavior *after* mating and is specific to females in that regard, males having an analogous effect to vasopressin. For example, elevated levels of vasopressin in male rodents is correlated with choosing a partner and displaying affection, as well as aggression toward other females. The rest of it is just marketing hype.

It appears to be much more effective for social anxiety.

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

Oxycontin would probably increase increase sex drive, since it has an analogous effect on the ventral tegmental area as cannabis, amphetamines and believe it or not, nicotine. It's most noticeable with amphetamines and other similar stimulants though.

Honestly, oxytocin has more to do with partnering behavior *after* mating and is specific to females in that regard, males having an analogous effect to vasopressin. For example, elevated levels of vasopressin in male rodents is correlated with choosing a partner and displaying affection, as well as aggression toward other females. The rest of it is just marketing hype.

It appears to be much more effective for social anxiety.

This is good to know! The last thing I need to do is spend $80 in order to show affection to all the rats we have running around the alleys of Baltimore :v