Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game

TrishaCat

This is the tale of a game doomed to be lost in time...

A fantastic beat-em-up with really fun music by Anamanaguchi, this fantastic gem of a game came out on PS3 and Xbox 360 digital only after being developed by Ubisoft.

But its success was not to last...The game was eventually removed from PSN and Xbox Live from purchase, thus rendering it nearly impossible to buy. Presumably, this was done due to the license expiring, or maybe the license was just lost altogether. Either way, now, only a few unused game codes remain, being sold on Best Buy to North American audiences only. Anyone outside the US and Canada cannot purchase the game, and there's no telling how much longer those few unused game codes will still be there. In short, the game is almost doomed to be lost in time, at least unless Xenia or RPCS3 becomes good enough to play this game perfectly.

How do we prevent this from happening to future video games? How do we prevent video games from being lost in time? Games going digital only is something that's a bit scary, considering things like this can happen. Is digital only a bad thing? Is the current state of copyright laws and the way licensing works the problem? And, on a less serious note, did any of you get to play this game before it disappeared from the marketplace? What did you think of it? Admittedly I only ever got to play its beginning with friends via multiplayer.

It's still on my 360 HDD.

I think it's crazy to think this can actually happen to a game honestly. And while I'll be the first to say digital > physical everyday all day, this is one of the few reasons we should still be getting physical releases of games.