Hewge

So Jotun has released today. In Jotun you play as a female protagonist named Thora, a Viking warrior who died a totally lame death, and must now prove herself to the gods so that she may enter Valhalla. 

The aim of the game is to explore around, solve some puzzles, and most importantly; kill yourself some big bad ass bosses. (Think Dark Souls/Titan Souls)

Reasons to add it to your list of games:

Norse mythology! Who doesn't love that?

Hand-drawn, gorgeous art style.

Awesome music!

Challenging, interesting boss fights!

Reasonably priced!

AWESOME ART - For reals, yo. The art and animation is super nice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So are you going to be playing Jotun? Post your feels and thoughts! Speak your mind ~

Jotun website

Jotun Steam page

By the way - Jotun is on sale for %10 off ($13.49USD), until October 6!

Currently playing through it and almost done. One more area to go and I think two boss fights?  Not sure yet.

Game is gorgeous as fuck with some wonderful production values. love the Norse mythology too. Bosses are hard as fuck and a bit annoying, but I don't have the fortitude for games like this, typically. Playing it to review for a website.

I will say, the game feels a bit empty at points, and it's very short. I'll probably be clocking out at five hours.

YMMV there of course.

Still, worth grabbing. IT IS SO PRETTY

@Conker Nice analysis! I agree it can be a bit empty at times. But honestly, I feel like they probably left it like that so that you can just explore and admire the artwork. It's not really trying to be a game that's all action, all the time.

Aye. Though for a game that isn't all action all the time, having your protag carry around a giant axe feels like some mixed messaging :P

Aye. Though for a game that isn't all action all the time, having your protag carry around a giant axe feels like some mixed messaging :P

Gotta keep buff and fit for them bosses some how. Everyone knows lugging heavy weapons is great for that :v

Finally beat the game. Clocked in at around 7 hours, maybe a bit more. Last hour and a half was on the last boss who is a complete pain in the ass.

I enjoyed the game though, and I'll be doing a review for it for a small site I write for.

I encourage others to try it out, mostly for the art and viking lore. Both are top fucking notch. Plus, it's an interesting little game.