Constructive Criticism Welcome

GemWolf

Don't think too badly about the viewer vs. responses ratio. Sometimes people (me among them) check a topic once at first to see if they can even be of any help at all. Then later come back when they've finally thought of something good to say.

That said, here's a few things I've been thinking about. On the second image with the two snake people you have shadows coming from their bodes onto the ground, but not really from the female body onto the male body. This kinda makes an awkward effect where I can't completely tell whether her hand is actually on his body or not, or how much of her back is actually leaning against the guy. With the added shadows the viewers would get a better understanding where each part of every character is, while also increasing the believability of your art as it would thus seem more realistic. Both the presence and absence of shadows play a big role into where objects are in a scene.

Another thing I've thought of is about the third image with the shark girl. Right now I know the legs are pointing in different directions since the feet are placed differently, yet correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't both the kneecap and thigh on the right leg pointing to the left rather than straight away from the picture as the foot is? This gives a rather impossible pose if one were to even try doing it yourself. Alternatively I might be fooling myself into thinking that this is what it looks like, which brings me to another viewpoint of this subject. If you compare the same image with the one you use in your signature, I can't really tell where each muscle begin or end on the shark girl, but on the signature image I can clearly see the muscles of the shoulders and upper arms thanks to the very subtle lines which defines them. If you could try to implement such lines on the shark girl's legs, it would greatly enhance the quality of your art since it makes everything much easier to see (in lack of better terms).

One last thing, about the fourth image with the well dressed trio in the moonlight. Would it be possible to add a sense of weight to the guy's hands as he embraces the two girls? Well, not to the hands specifically, but to the clothes of the girls. Maybe something subtle as a few wrinkles just to let the viewer see even clearer that he's actually holding onto them.

This is what I got for now. I hope the feedback can be of use to you as I would love to see how you improve your art in the future.

• Like 1

Don't think too badly about the viewer vs. responses ratio. Sometimes people (me among them) check a topic once at first to see if they can even be of any help at all. Then later come back when they've finally thought of something good to say.

That said, here's a few things I've been thinking about. On the second image with the two snake people you have shadows coming from their bodes onto the ground, but not really from the female body onto the male body. This kinda makes an awkward effect where I can't completely tell whether her hand is actually on his body or not, or how much of her back is actually leaning against the guy. With the added shadows the viewers would get a better understanding where each part of every character is, while also increasing the believability of your art as it would thus seem more realistic. Both the presence and absence of shadows play a big role into where objects are in a scene.

Another thing I've thought of is about the third image with the shark girl. Right now I know the legs are pointing in different directions since the feet are placed differently, yet correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't both the kneecap and thigh on the right leg pointing to the left rather than straight away from the picture as the foot is? This gives a rather impossible pose if one were to even try doing it yourself. Alternatively I might be fooling myself into thinking that this is what it looks like, which brings me to another viewpoint of this subject. If you compare the same image with the one you use in your signature, I can't really tell where each muscle begin or end on the shark girl, but on the signature image I can clearly see the muscles of the shoulders and upper arms thanks to the very subtle lines which defines them. If you could try to implement such lines on the shark girl's legs, it would greatly enhance the quality of your art since it makes everything much easier to see (in lack of better terms).

One last thing, about the fourth image with the well dressed trio in the moonlight. Would it be possible to add a sense of weight to the guy's hands as he embraces the two girls? Well, not to the hands specifically, but to the clothes of the girls. Maybe something subtle as a few wrinkles just to let the viewer see even clearer that he's actually holding onto them.

This is what I got for now. I hope the feedback can be of use to you as I would love to see how you improve your art in the future.

wow!!!! 

Thank you so much for this! I never realised those things before and I thank you for pointing them out. You have no idea how much this has helped me: I'll certainly give you an update in the future :-) 

*fluffy hugs* 

I think the back legs on the feral aren't proportioned right...when it comes to ferals I kinda tend to notice when they look off and those kind of bug me. I'm not sure if I'm actually doing any better in my own drawing but it's something I can see

you_been_hacked.thumb.jpg.bb548fbf58aae2

The upper thigh isn't long enough and shaped right, and the hock joint is too large in length

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

I think the back legs on the feral aren't proportioned right...when it comes to ferals I kinda tend to notice when they look off and those kind of bug me. I'm not sure if I'm actually doing any better in my own drawing but it's something I can see

you_been_hacked.thumb.jpg.bb548fbf58aae2

The upper thigh isn't long enough and shaped right, and the hock joint is too large in length

omg you are so right!!! Thank you I will save that image you sent me!