There's no way...

Wrecker

I suck at learning shit in music. Bottom line.

I've been playing guitar for years and years, and most everything I've been taught has gone in one ear and out the other. The only thing I've held onto was different scales.

Chords were fucking beyond me, there was no way to put 2 and 2 together to make one thing sound to work out right with the other, I don't know why, probably because I'm dumb or some shit, but holy fuck it just started working.

And it's not with thinking over whether it's some minor or major bullshit, but just fucking around with a few strings. There's a lot more grace in this shit than I thought, it's not do this or it's going to sound like shit, it's fucking try shit out...

God dammit, I've had the time of my life the past couple hours, I was about ready to give it up altogether.

I can't fucking wait until tomorrow. First time in years I've thought that. Fucking stoked.

I know how people feel when having troubles learning things about music, I'm the absolute worst person at music that I've ever met.

But it's great to hear that you're getting somewhere with it. Good luck tomorrow!!!

There is definitely a lot to be learned about chords structures and how the notes work together that will make it easier to experiment. If you have a chance, I would check out the CAGED chords method. It really helped me get started on improving my improv skills.

• Like 1

I blame console games for not being able to grasp guitar fundamentals... can't get my bloody left little finger to go out far enough for chords spanning 4 frets -_-

A lot of people dont realize the physical aspect when they first start learning guitar. You have to actually train your hand like you would your legs if you were a sprinter. It takes some time, but you can do it! :)

A lot of people dont realize the physical aspect when they first start learning guitar. You have to actually train your hand like you would your legs if you were a sprinter. It takes some time, but you can do it! :)

Haha, yeah I know it takes time, ZZ Top's 7 fret chords are definitely not natural :) I guess I've got to just suck it up and plink a lot of dead notes for... 5 years perhaps? xD Thanks

• Like 1