Thread Blocking

Kaizy

Just curious, is there a feature on the site to block specific threads? I'm one of those people that will compulsively check every unread thread if I see it, and sometimes I'd just rather not see it.

If not, that's fine, just curious.

• Like 1

I think it'd be helpful to have a feature to hide threads you're not interested in.

I mean there's like 50 random poll threads in the General area, none of which I'm interested in posting in and it'd be nice to just not see them all the time.

• Like 3

No just in your notifications.

I think the OP is more on about new content with the unread posts comment, if it was just a case of unfollowing that'd mean one followed the junk thread in the first place (not making that mistake again).

No just in your notifications.

Yeah I meant more like just hiding threads that you aren't interested in seeing, not the notifications for ones you've posted in or are subscribed to.

I already knew about the subscription features and how to disable those.

"Mark site as read"

Once I click all threads I'm interested in, I click that.

My question is being misread. I am not looking for ways to mark things as read, I'm looking to just hide threads completely. I'm very tired of clicking "Mark As Read" x20 every hour.

And yet... here this thread is. So...?

Again, the question is not being understood.

I am not asking how to I close my eyes and pretend threads don't exist because I'm already doing that.

I am asking if there is a feature that allows me to click a magic button and hide threads of my choosing from my sight, or if this was a feature being considered. If not, that's fine, I just think it'd be convenient.

I understand the issue.

I just think it's odd you are asking for something that to my knowledge doesn't exist and would probably require finicky computer whatsits to implement, when the far more obvious solution is to just not click on things you know you don;t want to read. It's as simple as slightly moving your index finger. Or actually, not moving it. :v

"I'm very tired of clicking "Mark As Read" x20 every hour."

Well, you shouldn't be trying to check that often in the first place, silly! Go do something more productive, like make pizza!

Shit, speaking of food, time to stumble into the kitchen!

I lack the materials to make myself a pizza. And I am being productive, I'm working on classwork. I just making a thread while I do so. :V

I understand the issue.

I just think it's odd you are asking for something that to my knowledge doesn't exist and would probably require finicky computer whatsits to implement, when the far more obvious solution is to just not click on things you know you don;t want to read. It's as simple as slightly moving your index finger. Or actually, not moving it. :v

Well it's not impossible, I know there's an ignore feature for users and I was curious if there was something similar for threads.

Also, the easiest solution is just not even using the forum obviously. That requires no movement whatsoever. :V

• Like 1