remastered KoTOR mod in the world

Zeke

An indie company called A Poem Games and a group of programmers are doing what Bioware (probably) can't do and remastering KOtoR for the PC. The only stipulation is that it seems to be more of an entire overhaul, rather than it's own game since  they state that you have to own a copy of KOtoR.

http://www.apeirongame.com

So far, they have images of Anchorhead and the Endar Spire. I am looking forward to see what they do with Telos and Manaan. 

For those into game design and such, they are still looking for people.

I hope this continues and they finish it, but I have to wonder if Disney will allow them to do it because they are naturally overzealous and protective of their newly obtained Star Wars franchise baby.

But since it seems to be a mod overhaul in the same vein as like Skyblivion and Skywind then I guess it should be fine... *touch wood*

• Like 2

Oh goodness. I'm now super excited for this. I remember pouring countless hours into this game as a kid but have never able to get it to run on my current PC. I'll be looking forward to this and hopefully getting my kotor running. It looks stunning and will be awesome to be playing the game again.

I'll certainly be looking forward to see what they do with all the different planets.

3 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

I loved KOTOR but I don't know if I can be impressed enough by new visuals to play through it all again :B

They are adding new and the missing content into this mod, so it's worth a shot. 

If it is successful and Disney does not get a big stick up their ass about it, they can do KOTOR 2 overhaul with added and missing content. Like the HK factory and HK-47 torturing an HK-50 unit to reveal it's location. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Ohh, that is more interesting than just a graphical overhaul... I might have to keep an eye on it! Thanks!

There are a few things they cut in Kotor that would be ideal to have. Bastilla was supposed to accompany you on Korriban to help prevent the temptation of the darkside from either interrupting your connection, or tempting her. If you brought Carth along, they have hilarious banter unlocks.

• Like 2