Kinharia

Great place for me to assault you with questions. I remember the game was expected to have some sort of meta-game or semi-online component. I figure they implemented that? Do you see other players, or is it more of a single-multiplayer separation? Is it very much similar to the X series? 

Me and a buddy from WoW play it occassionally. It has the option to be played as Singleplayer, Co-OP or Fully Online. The catch is that regardless of what you choose you will always be online. So say I decide to play in Singleplayer then only the AI will be my worry. If I buy something from a Starstation (e.g. biowaste) then the amount of Biowaste available will go down for anyone on Singleplayer, Co-Op or Online.

I see quite a lot of other players around Shadow President Winter's home system and a lot of players still hang around the "newbie" system. A lot of people are starting to spread out now but still stay concentrated to their homehubs and wherever the big event of the day is.

As for the X-Series I have never played it so I can not comment.

They are trying to build up a story around this and the story is being affected by the players. The Emperor has been assassinated and now one of his highest ranking ministers and his Daughter are all under suspicion. War between the Empire and Federation is looking highly likely due to this.

Every so often you'll enter a system that is under Civil War. Those are great for finding other players. You have the choice of High Density and Low Density combat zones, if you fly in a newbie ship then Low Density is pretty safe but if you want some advance "Holy shit they are everywhere!" combat then High Density.

• Like 1

Well I believe it is 1:1 scale of the Milky Way. Now there is a small section of "Human Space" that is occupied and fleshed out, any system that we have full knowledge on then the devs have fully modeled them out to high accuracy. See that nebula in the sky? You can fucking go to it! However going by a 1:1 scale we can't just hand build all of that so there is a randomising system in place that will automatically place planets, comets, suns, moons etc. Be the first to fly by a planet and it'll forever say - e.g. "Discovered by Kinharia"

There is an expansion coming up that will allow us to land on 1:1 scale of planets that will have bases, hidden treasure and various AI to hunt down. It'll start off with just flying in the planets atmosphere but eventually full on landing will take place ^_^ 

As Sci-Fi games go I highly recommend this one!

• Like 1

Well I believe it is 1:1 scale of the Milky Way. Now there is a small section of "Human Space" that is occupied and fleshed out, any system that we have full knowledge on then the devs have fully modeled them out to high accuracy. See that nebula in the sky? You can fucking go to it! However going by a 1:1 scale we can't just hand build all of that so there is a randomising system in place that will automatically place planets, comets, suns, moons etc. Be the first to fly by a planet and it'll forever say - e.g. "Discovered by Kinharia"

There is an expansion coming up that will allow us to land on 1:1 scale of planets that will have bases, hidden treasure and various AI to hunt down. It'll start off with just flying in the planets atmosphere but eventually full on landing will take place ^_^ 

As Sci-Fi games go I highly recommend this one!

... Okay, I'm convinced. The money I have right now is needed next month for bills and shit, but I'll probably pick it up next time it goes on sale, because that sounds god damn awesome. And yes, I remember something about the planets being procedurally generated as you go there. Just the idea of discovering something, even if it's generic looking, is brilliant.