High School Grade Drama

AshleyAshes

In following drama groups and even just reading online sources that cover internet goings on, one thing you always see is grown adults involved in what I could only call 'High School Drama'.  I don't mean people arguing, people disagree and argue and fight all the time.  Even protracted online arguments.  What I'm referring to is the kind of drama that could only be described as 'Insane High School Level Bullshit'.

Where Artist A makes a post denouncing Artist B, telling all their friends that they have to stop being friends with Artist B.  Cause my god B fucked A's boyfriend and worse!  User C knew all about it and never told Artist A!  You guys also have to never talk to User C again obviously.  These cliques getting into feuds where friendships have to leveraged or ended, where armies of like thinkers are raised because god damnit, if you don't agree with ME instead of THAT asshole, really, why are you even on the internet in the first place???  In fact, by law you shouldn't be allowed to be on the internet, because you and your friends fighting with me and my friends is INTERNET BULLYING and according to my ignorant interpretation of a Wikipedia article I read once, I COULD SEND YOU TO JAIL.

Even the other day I read an article covering vegan bloggers engaged in some kind of multisided hate war of YouTube videos over... Honestly, I couldn't actually figure out the MOTIVE.  But Bananas were involved!

I get why we did this kind of stuff in high school.  We were young and stupid, our 'world' was massively exploding in scope while we struggled with immature emotional development, stupid bullshit like that seemed like the largest thing in the universe at the time.  But how are there grown ass adults, who deal with compound interest, managing career decisions, cable bills, possibly even spouses and children to consider, -still- get stuck in this kind of thing?  Most seem to go 'Oh... Yeah, hell no.  I'm outta here, not doing this bullshit' but there are others who are ready to march right on into the bullshit and it baffles me.

Everyone stop being friends with Ashley because she's wearing a Sega shirt!! Everyone knows Nintendo is best. And Kinny replied to her thread as so you shouldn't be friends with her either. >:V

But seriously, yeah, people's worst comes out online. Plus, there ARE a lot of irl high-schoolers on the webs. 

• Like 1

I dunno about y'all, but I bold face /love/ watching drama unfold. I straight up read r/relationships with my morning coffee every day. 

Because you can't punch someone through a computer screen for being a bitch?

47 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I dunno about y'all, but I bold face /love/ watching drama unfold. I straight up read r/relationships with my morning coffee every day. 

WhatamIdoing.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Khaki said:

Because you can't punch someone through a computer screen for being a bitch?

WhatamIdoing.jpg

Some people read books. Others watch soap operas. I can read 5-10 minute stories of drama bombs in other people's lives every day. Makes me appreciate my incredibly quiet life nowadays.

If Artist A tells people to be a bitch to Artist B then all you do is just laugh at them for being an idiot and move on. Drama is kind of the biggest thing known for furries aside from sex. Only thing you can do is just point and laugh at the pathetic people crying over some inane thing.

Or incite it because that's always fun too.

• Like 1