Best Job Ever

rebel-lion

3 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Did you get any pictures? What is your job exactly? Also: Welcome to posting in the forums! I see you've been lurking for quite awhile there :3

Sadly no pics, I am currently working at the RAF Museum in London as a sales assistant and Spitfire Experience Tour Guide. I am also running the simulator and the "4D" experience (a 3D cinema with moving chairs, wind and smoke). 

Yeah I been hear fr a while as well as the old site, didn't have a lot going on in my life to talk about until now.  

• Like 1

That's a pretty good gig. I'm about to switch jobs from a physically grueling job to a job where I get paid 100 bucks cash to sit in a chair watching a gate for 8 hours. Gonna catch up on my television and reading a good bit. On an end note, this thread has inspired me to go to an aviation museum. Colorado Springs is less than hour away so I'm sure that can happen.

7 hours ago, MalletFace said:

You have to run a Spitfire tour when there's a really sexy Hurricane at the same museum?

I'm sorry you're subjected to such inhumane treatment.

Haha the Hurricane is a Mk 2 i believe, a bit of a rare machine so the museum wont risk anything happening to her. Some time in the distant future the museum is planing to have people sit in the F-4 phantom they have. 

4 hours ago, Azure said:

That's a pretty good gig. I'm about to switch jobs from a physically grueling job to a job where I get paid 100 bucks cash to sit in a chair watching a gate for 8 hours. Gonna catch up on my television and reading a good bit. On an end note, this thread has inspired me to go to an aviation museum. Colorado Springs is less than hour away so I'm sure that can happen.

Nice one finding a new job.Yeah its been a dream job to work for Duxford or the RAF Museum since I was a kid. Worked for the environment charity Keep Britain Tidy and the London Museum part time, so its nice to have some regular hours. I hear there is a few good aviation museums State side.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rebel-lion said:

Haha the Hurricane is a Mk 2 i believe, a bit of a rare machine so the museum wont risk anything happening to her. Some time in the distant future the museum is planing to have people sit in the F-4 phantom they have. 

Nice one finding a new job.Yeah its been a dream job to work for Duxford or the RAF Museum since I was a kid. Worked for the environment charity Keep Britain Tidy and the London Museum part time, so its nice to have some regular hours. I hear there is a few good aviation museums State side.  

The air and space museum in DC is pretty excellent. Been years since I've been.

• Like 1