Rave: Zika Virus!

Fossa

I was thinking that the Zika virus has a really cool sounding name. It's fun to say, I mean it could almost be some kinda new dance or exercise movement. If I have a kid, I could even see naming them Zika. 

Not all viruses are as lucky to have such a great name. I mean look at AIDS. What a dumb name. As if it aids you in anything, except at one time, death, and nowadays, a lifetime of very expensive medication, and iffy side effects. 

Then, take mono, or the Epstein-Barr virus. It's OK, but one just pictures these guys in white lab-coats, a-la Donna Reed era. Boring. 

But Zika, I like. I know it can be bad, and make babies have small heads, but babies always scare me anyways, and they seem to have too big of heads, so maybe this will adjust it so they look normally proportioned, even if they have a myriad quagmire of health issues that cost millions of dollars, later.  In any event, the Republicans in congress keep refusing to fund any research in terms of a cure, or anything else, so I guess Republicans are the pro Zika party, and they like Zika too, even if I do not like them. Bad luck for babies, but still at least they get a virus with a nice name.

• Like 2

Zina might not be here for long. Genetic engineers created a type of mosquito that has defective offspring that dies. It won't fix the problem but it will make a large impact. It's going to have its first wild test in Florida.

Zika sounds African therefore it will kill you making it scary.

51 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I was thinking that the Zika virus has a really cool sounding name. It's fun to say, I mean it could almost be some kinda new dance or exercise movement. If I have a kid, I could even see naming them Zika. 

Not all viruses are as lucky to have such a great name. I mean look at AIDS. What a dumb name. As if it aids you in anything, except at one time, death, and nowadays, a lifetime of very expensive medication, and iffy side effects. 

Then, take mono, or the Epstein-Barr virus. It's OK, but one just pictures these guys in white lab-coats, a-la Donna Reed era. Boring. 

But Zika, I like. I know it can be bad, and make babies have small heads, but babies always scare me anyways, and they seem to have too big of heads, so maybe this will adjust it so they look normally proportioned, even if they have a myriad quagmire of health issues that cost millions of dollars, later.  In any event, the Republicans in congress keep refusing to fund any research in terms of a cure, or anything else, so I guess Republicans are the pro Zika party, and they like Zika too, even if I do not like them. Bad luck for babies, but still at least they get a virus with a nice name.

I agree. You should put PJ's on your face and join our movement. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I agree. You should put PJ's on your face and join our movement. 

I just may have to. I will work on shrinking the baby's heads!

59 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

Zina might not be here for long. Genetic engineers created a type of mosquito that has defective offspring that dies. It won't fix the problem but it will make a large impact. It's going to have its first wild test in Florida.

Zika sounds African therefore it will kill you making it scary.

True; it started in Africa, and is no longer there; I think one builds an immunity, providing you are not a shrunken head baby, or die, the latter of which is quite rare.

I wonder what other exciting viruses will start popping up, with warming global temperatures; should be an interesting time.

Oh, you can even buy a Zika Plushie:

zika-quarter-view.jpg

And here is the E-bola Plushie:

gmus-pd-0240-ebola-cluster.jpg