Zelda Clones/Fangames

Tsuujou

Not going to lie, I seriously can't wait for Breath of the Wild. So to sort of tide me over, I'm playing a lot of Zelda inspired games (and running through the Zelda's I haven't really pounded to dirt as much...which is like 3. lol)
I want to get some similar stuff. If any of you especially know anything 3D, do share that. 

I finally got my PS3 account to play games again (9-9) so I popped in 3D Dot Game Heroes recently. If you haven't tried it, it's a nice From Software PS3 exclusive that plays like the first Zelda with a ton of stuff to do and find. It went under the radar which is surprising for how polished it is and what it takes from. Lots of nods to other games as well, mainly Dragon Quest. It can border on generic in terms of the MacGuffin's and progression, but it's all for the sake of parody. It's not to be taken seriously, and it's still all in good fun. Not really a dull moment unless you get seriously stuck which can happen at later points.

There's also Legend of Zelda Parallel Worlds which to my knowledge is the most serviceable A Link to the Past fangame. Basically Kaizo Zelda. The difficulty could be kind of tryhard and made it super linear at times and it was kinda unpolished. But it's not all bad.
I also play a lot of Xenoblade 2 when I go to a friend's house. And I'm keeping my eye on Secret Legend and Secret of Grindea.

One of my favorite 3D Zelda clones that sadly bankrupted the developers is Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. In it, you command a giant to help you fight baddies and solve puzzles, and your main objective is to travel throughout the world searching for fruit for this giant to eat so that he can regain his lost powers and get rid of the dark creatures that plague the world. Its very Zelda-like in gameplay style, with a decent bit of variety in terms of level design and stuff you have to do. One moment you might be fighting monsters, another you might be puzzle solving, and yet another you might be forced to go through a stealth segment. Its also artistically similar to Twilight Princess I guess.

8 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

One of my favorite 3D Zelda clones that sadly bankrupted the developers is Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. In it, you command a giant to help you fight baddies and solve puzzles, and your main objective is to travel throughout the world searching for fruit for this giant to eat so that he can regain his lost powers and get rid of the dark creatures that plague the world. Its very Zelda-like in gameplay style, with a decent bit of variety in terms of level design and stuff you have to do. One moment you might be fighting monsters, another you might be puzzle solving, and yet another you might be forced to go through a stealth segment. Its also artistically similar to Twilight Princess I guess.

AAAAHHHHH!!!! I had this game YEARS ago on my XBox! I loved it so much. Someone here actually played it. ;u;

5 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

How is XCX a zelda clone?

I didn't mean to call it a clone. But Breath of the Wild is said to pull a lot from that game and some of the people from Monolith are working on it. So I'm playing that a lot since it's the closest you can get to Breath of the Wild on a Nintendo console.

10 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

AAAAHHHHH!!!! I had this game YEARS ago on my XBox! I loved it so much. Someone here actually played it. ;u;

Yeah, a couple IRL friends introduced me to it since I loved Zelda games. Its pretty fun, although admittedly I never beat it. I gotta get back to it.

10 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

some of the people from Monolith are working on it. 

Monolithsoft also helped with the development of Skyward Sword.

4 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Yeah, a couple IRL friends introduced me to it since I loved Zelda games. Its pretty fun, although admittedly I never beat it. I gotta get back to it.

I haven't played it since high school so my memory on it is really fuzzy.

4 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Holy fucking shit. Who did they fire since then? lol
Speaking of which, Chili, if you have a Wii still I recommend Pandora's Tower. It's basically Zelda minus an overworld, but it's still really fun. That scratched the Wii Zelda itch that Skyward Sword only rubbed itching powder and put angry wasps on. Kind of...I really wish it had an overworld. :C

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I didn't mean to call it a clone. But Breath of the Wild is said to pull a lot from that game and some of the people from Monolith are working on it. So I'm playing that a lot since it's the closest you can get to Breath of the Wild on a Nintendo console.

The only thing they have in common is both have a big over world.

23 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

This is bullshit.