The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth/Afterbirth

Käpt'n

I haven't played the game in a while but I got the Afterbirth expansion a few days ago and it was pretty enjoyable.

What are the most crazy runs you guys had so far? Are you happy with the expansion? I've heard some people are angry about the new easy way to unlock The Lost.

Oh, by the way! If you do a Google search about the expansion, DO NOT just type in "afterbirth" alone... I just googled "afterbirth the lost" but I forgot that Google automatically completes your searches now. When I had entered "afterbir" I already got image results for afterbirths and/or aborted fetuses. Yum.

I'm thrilled with the new way the unlock the Lost. That puzzle bullshit was so tedious in Rebirth that I just gave up and used a save editor (I fudged up and lost my file). Started fresh with Afterbirth, enjoying most of the new additions. The new room layouts are a welcome change, they can make old bosses seem challenging. Some of the new items are amazing too (man I love me some 8 Inch Nails).

My only complaints are the Blue Womb and unlocking the new secret character. I'm very disappointed the Blue Womb isn't a fully fleshed out alternate ending, the bullet hell nonsense is almost enough fun to make it up for though. However, fuck scaling health on Hush. Terrible idea. Greed Mode is so tedious that I'm using a character editor to cheese the game and get all the unlocks.

The craziest run I've had so far was an insanely high damage Tammy's Head + Brimstone + Rubber Cement run. Every room was laser, it was beautiful. Practically every boss died in a matter of seconds.

Have been having a lot of fun with the expansion so far.  I am glad they made a new way to unlock the Lost the old way was complete bullshit.  Also I am going to have to second Tammy's Head + Brimstone as being the craziest item combo in the game.  I love the spirograph of death that it creates and its use-able every single room.

I just recently finished getting every achievement in the base game without the expansion now I need to work on unlocking all of the new things.

Haven't played Afterbirth yet, but I played Rebirth on launch and thought it was alright. I mean, the music doesn't even come close to the original, and I'm not a big fan of the sprite-style artwork. It really took a hit on the entire atmosphere for me. I really wish they didn't go in that direction, but with those 'faults' aside, it's a really good game. Easy to get stuck into - just like the original.

May or may not buy Afterbirth. Not sure what the new features are, given that I haven't looked into it too much.