Viva la...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Viva la...

• POST COUNT
    • Legit wanted to share some sick lyrics

Alright, furfaggios,

What's your favorite song, and your favorite lyrics from said song(s)? Why is it your favorite?

I'll start off with my two favorite songs. I listen to these when I feel depressed or suicidal, because they're amazing and I love them. They make me feel less self conscious about my increasingly crippling psychiatric disorders, and they take the edge off when I want to self harm or when I find myself in a suicidal ideation. They just lift me off the ground like few things in this world can. I feel so helpless and hopeless so often, and these make me feel like I'm worth the air I breath. Also I occasionally use them to help me go into a meditative state to relax my mind and body.

Hyperlinking because I don't want to stretch the post longer than it should be with a video.

The Unwinding Cable Car by Anberlin

Emotive unstable you're like an unwinding cable car

Listening for voices, but it's the choices that make us who we are

Go your own way, even seasons have changed just burn those new leaves over

So self-absorbed you've seemed to ignore the prayers that have already come about

Dig by Incubus

If I turn into another
Dig me up from under what is covering
The better part of me

We all have a sickness
That cleverly attaches and multiplies
No matter how we try

• Like 1

...Im going to be repeatedly posting whatever comes to mind. I love lyrics.

Here's some by one of my favorite artists-

"Satellite"-Rise Against

You cant feel the heat until you hold your hand over the flame

You have to cross the line just to remember where it lays

You won't know your worth now son, until you take a hit

You wont find the beat until you lose yourself in it

• Like 1

...Im going to be repeatedly posting whatever comes to mind. I love lyrics.

Here's some by one of my favorite artists-

"Satellite"-Rise Against

You cant feel the heat until you hold your hand over the flame

You have to cross the line just to remember where it lays

You won't know your worth now son, until you take a hit

You wont find the beat until you lose yourself in it

Oh gods, I haven't listened to RA in forever. I've got this song playing right now, and shiiiiiiet, I like it <3 

Into the playlist of a thousand loves o3o

Oh gods, I haven't listened to RA in forever. I've got this song playing right now, and shiiiiiiet, I like it <3 

Into the playlist of a thousand loves o3o

Haha, dude theyre awesome I havetons of favorites by them.

This thread's going to be fun, I can feel it (I made one like this on old FAF, glad to see another)

Haha, dude theyre awesome I havetons of favorites by them.

This thread's going to be fun, I can feel it (I made one like this on old FAF, glad to see another)

From your post, I liked this stanza...chorus, whatever anyone refers to these as:

You can't fill your cup, until you empty all it has
You can't understand, what lays ahead
If you don't understand the past
You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff
And you can't truly love, until you've given up on it

I didn't much post on FAF, but I also wasn't into forums and chit chatting with other furs like I am now. There's a lot more companionship to be found here for me, which is a big deal since I still haven't well integrated into this new city >.< I don't have family anywhere near me, and I have a single friend outside of my man and my ratties, so shits...lonely.

• Like 1

By placebo, my favourite band, I'll probably spam this thread with them...

Placebo's cover of the Kate Bush song - Running Up That Hill.

You don't want to hurt me,
But see how deep the bullet lies.
Unaware that I'm tearing you asunder.
There is thunder in our hearts, baby.
So much hate for the ones we love?
Tell me, we both matter, don't we?

• Like 1

I don't think I have any favorite songs, but I do have favorite artists. Pretty much anything from Pink Floyd - The Wall. Damn that shit is deep! 

Haaaa, I've got dumb story about The Wall.

I got rather buzzed at a friend's party in 2013 (never been buzzed or drunk before or since then), and I was texting my then...bed buddy, drunkenly because why not, and I was listening to Comfortably Numb, and I'm texting my guy "...DUDE, I FUCKIN GET IT. I FUCKING UNDERSTAND THE WALL. OH MY GOD, (name) I GET THE WALL. I UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT SO PERFECTLY. IT'S SO OBVIOUS!"

I woke up the next morning and looked at my phone, and then read all this shit, and then I text him back "....I FUCKING FORGOT THE WALL"

By placebo, my favourite band, I'll probably spam this thread with them...

Placebo's cover of the Kate Bush song - Running Up That Hill.

You don't want to hurt me,
But see how deep the bullet lies.
Unaware that I'm tearing you asunder.
There is thunder in our hearts, baby.
So much hate for the ones we love?
Tell me, we both matter, don't we?

Mmmmmmmm 21secs in and I'm in love with it already. I've never heard of Placebo before o3o Thank you for sharin' that! I love that song O3O yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3

• Like 1

Mmmmmmmm 21secs in and I'm in love with it already. I've never heard of Placebo before o3o Thank you for sharin' that! I love that song O3O yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3

They're absolutely brilliant imo. I'll probably be posting more of their songs in this thread :3

They're absolutely brilliant imo. I'll probably be posting more of their songs in this thread :3

Do it :U I've got Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd going right now....fucking orgasmic with headphones on :'D

Ha ha yep, Pink Floyd is some of the best shit to be listening to when you're out of your mind, and it does give you more of an appreciation for "The Wall".

Actually saw them live a few years back, so good.

Oh god, Pink Floyd is the only thing to listen to when you're buzzed or high. If I ever were to get high, The Wall would be the first damn thing playing, and I'd be cranking it up even louder for Comfortably Numb, because that's my favorite, right next to Anybody Out There

• Like 1

Do it :U I've got Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd going right now....fucking orgasmic with headphones on :'D

Oh god, Pink Floyd is the only thing to listen to when you're buzzed or high. If I ever were to get high, The Wall would be the first damn thing playing, and I'd be cranking it up even louder for Comfortably Numb, because that's my favorite, right next to Anybody Out There

Comfortably Numb always sets my brain on fire, even when I'm straight. In fact, I'm listening to it now! xD 

Comfortably Numb always sets my brain on fire, even when I'm straight. In fact, I'm listening to it now! xD 

Same :'D

I was just blown away at the fact that my man didn't know what The Wall is, and then he said he didn't like Pink Floyd, and I was all

OH HELL NAW, THE FUQ DID YOU JUST UTTER TO ME

And then I wrestled him.

Ha ha I completely missed you listening to it. Wish You Were Here and Mother are probably my fave though. So fucking emotional. In fact, I feel sorry so anyone that has never heard The Wall.

I remember being TERRIFIED of Pink Floyd when I was little, and running up the stairs crying when my mom would put on The Wall. Now we just sit there and be all, "...this is fucking amazing"

Same :'D

I was just blown away at the fact that my man didn't know what The Wall is, and then he said he didn't like Pink Floyd, and I was all

OH HELL NAW, THE FUQ DID YOU JUST UTTER TO ME

And then I wrestled him.

I hope you kicked his ass. Lol!

Maybe it's just me because I'm a bit of a music enthusiast but I feel it's my responsibility to listen to all the greats that shaped music today, even if I don't like them. Or it could just be a generation thing. :P  

Guys pls

Forgive my lack of functioning brain tonight, my Queen of the Resurrected Forums D:

I hope you kicked his ass. Lol!

Maybe it's just me because I'm a bit of a music enthusiast but I feel it's my responsibility to listen to all the greats that shaped music today, even if I don't like them. Or it could just be a generation thing. :P  

But...would you dare to dive into the unknown and strange world of...NIKKI MANAJ LYRICS?

"Pay no heed to the fool in the field so far and gray... with spies like the serpents underfoot and rodents."

"Wind and leaves are rustling, turning
Naked branches reaching, reaching..."

There is something terrifying about scarecrows that is hard to elaborate to some, but I think this song does a good job.

Edited by Clove Darkwave
  • Like 1

"Pay no heed to the fool in the field so far and gray... with spies like the serpents underfoot and rodents."

"Wind and leaves are rustling, turning
Naked branches reaching, reaching..."

There is something terrifying about scarecrows that is hard to elaborate to some, but I think this song does a good job.

Ohh, another band I've never heard of before. This is why I like threads like this: I get introduced to all this music I've never heard before <3

'Fuck all the skinny bitches in the club'

I'm not sure who sang it, but I remember back in high school hearing a song, and a line in the song was "slob on your knob". I...can't even.

• Like 1

Ohh, another band I've never heard of before. This is why I like threads like this: I get introduced to all this music I've never heard before <3

I'm not sure who sang it, but I remember back in high school hearing a song, and a line in the song was "slob on your knob". I...can't even.

Happy to oblige!

And now for something completely out of my usual tastes in music:

We've got Alchemy,

not just Chemistry,

All night long,

I need your magic desperately

I'm just going to assume it's context that makes me like it so much. I'm a huge sucker for schmaltzy stories.