Who takes an eBike on the SUBWAY!?

AshleyAshes

I'm down to working regular 9hr days at work and this means that I get to ride home on the subway with the majority of commuters.  What did I see when I boarded my train home today?  Parked in the accessibility spot of the subway car?  A giant god damned three wheeled eBike with some weirdo on it.

12439048_10208537618021110_8668458357774

Like, what the fuck?  This thing was huge.  By the time he got ot off, the train was nearing crush load, he was honking and bitching at people to get out of the way so that he could pull a three point turn and get out the doors of the train.  He even had this stupid horn on it, like, the cartoonish honkey type where you squeeze the rubber ball thing at the end and he wasn't shy about honking.

Fuck this guy, seriously, eBike's have no place on the subway system and he was occupying an accessible spot on the subway because his perfectly able ass didn't want to leave the eBike ag home.

How did I post this to Bites and Bytes??? ;_;

3 minutes ago, Onnes said:

You know it's Canada because it doesn't sound like anyone pressed the emergency call button so that the bored, surly transit employees would drag him off the train.

That would stop the train, that would have made everybody take more time to get to their destinations, that would have kept me from coming home to my couch! D:

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Yep, they are allowed on buses, subways, and any mode of transportation that has a handicapped section. They also have to pick up the handicapped person even wen the bus or Subway car is more than it's actual capacity.

The TTC bylaws forbid eBikes on the system... O.o

Just now, Onnes said:

I know you can take mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs, but this looks like a very different kind of vehicle.

They are, and in Canada they're legally very separate from mobility devices.  They arnt even allowed on sidewalks.

Just now, Onnes said:

I know you can take mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs, but this looks like a very different kind of vehicle.

They are, and in Canada they're legally very separate from mobility devices.  They arnt even allowed on sidewalks.

In Canada these are called by the slang name "welfare scooters." 

They are not mobility scooters and are not for handicapped people. 

The welfare system in many cities gives money to poor people for transportation. 

They can spend the money on a transit pass, bike, or any other form of transportation including e-bikes.

An e-bike is not considered a car or motorcycle so it does not require insurance or a driver's license.

Which means that people who are drunk and or high and have had their license suspended can drive all over the place in these things.

Some of them try to get hit by cars on the road so they can get an insurance payout from the driver that hit them. 

It isn't unusual to see someone smoking drugs or drinking liquor while driving their scooter all over the road. 

Everyone hates these things. It's only a matter of time before someone makes a law requiring a driver's license to use them.

4 hours ago, ZorroValdez said:

Subway trolls. They're real.

Your signature is funny as hell.

I had the luxury of watching an old lady in one of those scooters hitting a pothole... She didn't go overboard or nothing, that wouldn't have been funny at all, but the fucking recovery she made, it was amazing. Her front wheel went into the pothole, and it threw her and the scooter right off balance. I thought for sure she was going to fall right off of it... she was damn near parallel to the pavement when she got her leg out to shift her weight around, and she just slowly teetered back upright.

I was just pulling out of a parking lot when I caught the whole spiel in my mirror... Oh my fuck did I laugh.

That scooter thing couldn't quite make it out of there on it's own, and I got out of the truck to gave her a hand. It's a good thing she had a sense of humor, because I couldn't stop fucking laughing. Fuck that was funny.

17 hours ago, #00Buck said:

In Canada these are called by the slang name "welfare scooters." 

They are not mobility scooters and are not for handicapped people. 

The welfare system in many cities gives money to poor people for transportation. 

They can spend the money on a transit pass, bike, or any other form of transportation including e-bikes.

An e-bike is not considered a car or motorcycle so it does not require insurance or a driver's license.

Which means that people who are drunk and or high and have had their license suspended can drive all over the place in these things.

Some of them try to get hit by cars on the road so they can get an insurance payout from the driver that hit them. 

It isn't unusual to see someone smoking drugs or drinking liquor while driving their scooter all over the road. 

Everyone hates these things. It's only a matter of time before someone makes a law requiring a driver's license to use them.

Those scooters look great for smoking drugs on. Im going to Canada

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Bring your heroin. 

From what i hear yall got some good shit up there. Niggaz be dyin left and right. Ill save the 20 bux itll cost for the condoms ill have to swallow and just spend it there colon vee