Rave: A sign of spring....

Crazy Lee

Frogs screaming in the middle of the night for sex. Desperate to get laid. When I hear their beautiful and desperate virginal wails, I know spring has finally arrived.

The peep peep peep frogs are Spring Peepers. The ratcheting croak are Western Chorus Frogs. For me, when I hear Spring Peepers in small ponds, I know spring has arrived. It is one of the most beautiful (and loud) sound of the wild. Although if someone lived next door to one of these ponds, I doubt they'd get any sleep!

part of my campus housing is in the middle of the woods and there's a lake/marshy area nearby. so I'd always heard frogs when my friend and I would walk back to his place. I also know it's spring when the geese start randomly hissing at and attacking people more than usual

• Like 1

Well...in a house I used to live in, the owner let the pool get so disgusting that it became a breeding ground for frogs. Every time it rained, the frogs would come out at night and croak for hours. It was absolutely disgusting.