Question for Europeans or anyone from a country with public health care...

I'm from the USA, so you basically pay to breathe here. Forget about mental health services... they cause insurance rates to go up (which kinda goes against the purpose of insurance to begin with), make getting new plans harder, and we still have to deal with co-pays and medical bills even with insurance.

My parents took me off their insurance after I got into psych wards of hospitals a few times- that skyrocketed our insurance. So I'm afraid to admit myself again even though I'm close to mental breakdown. If I tell anyone I wanna die, I'll be admitted against my will and given huge bills I didn't ask for. It sucks.

In European countries (or others with public health care), is it possible to abuse the system by just constantly saying you'll kill yourself? So they keep putting you in the psych ward, and you get free food and bed and a shower and never have to work? Because as I said, here in the United Shits, you pay for all that. Or do they not take suicide threats as seriously, because they know they can't make money off of it?

I really wanna know.

2 minutes ago, deconstructed furry said:

So they keep putting you in the psych ward, and you get free food and bed and a shower and never have to work?

Doctors are not idiots, before they provide health care they are convinced that it is really necessary.

4 hours ago, deconstructed furry said:

I'm from the USA, so you basically pay to breathe here. Forget about mental health services... they cause insurance rates to go up (which kinda goes against the purpose of insurance to begin with), make getting new plans harder, and we still have to deal with co-pays and medical bills even with insurance.

My parents took me off their insurance after I got into psych wards of hospitals a few times- that skyrocketed our insurance. So I'm afraid to admit myself again even though I'm close to mental breakdown. If I tell anyone I wanna die, I'll be admitted against my will and given huge bills I didn't ask for. It sucks.

In European countries (or others with public health care), is it possible to abuse the system by just constantly saying you'll kill yourself? So they keep putting you in the psych ward, and you get free food and bed and a shower and never have to work? Because as I said, here in the United Shits, you pay for all that. Or do they not take suicide threats as seriously, because they know they can't make money off of it?

I really wanna know.

This reminds me of anecdotes someone on Zero Hedge was writing about in the USA: all too often people with mental issues would either be too afraid to use the healthcare system for fear of costs or they'd try to use it and simply be given meds and a pat on the back without fixing anything. It was only after they'd committed a serious crime and wound up in prison that they would get some semblance of actual mental health care without insane premiums.

Here in Australia suicide threats are taken seriously by doctors; I suppose continuous suicide threats would simply tell them that there are other issues as well.

I recommend that you do not kill yourself, and instead enjoy whatever remains of modern life and makes you happy before the system deteriorates completely.

5 hours ago, Amiir said:

Alright I gotta ask, who's this Eversleep bloke you people keep bringing up? Im confioosd

he's this guy from FAF 1.0 who at first, would constantly complain about how he had no friends and he wanted everyone on the forum to be his friend and then I think at some point it escalated to him threatening people or something. 

he was eventually banned for sending out nudes I think.

and then after that he just kept making new accounts to ask questions such as this (or about how no one wants to date him/be his friend) only to be banned 

41 minutes ago, willow said:

he's this guy from FAF 1.0 who at first, would constantly complain about how he had no friends and he wanted everyone on the forum to be his friend and then I think at some point it escalated to him threatening people or something. 

and then after that he just kept making new accounts to ask questions such as this (or about how no one wants to date him/be his friend) only to be banned 

Mmmh, I see. That's kinda sad though

And thank yous for the clarification

Edited by Guest

America may not have the best Healthcare system. Or the cheapest. Or the safest...

But when the time comes that I need major internal surgury probably due to gunshots lets be serious this is america, the doctor opening me up had better use a very pissed off bald eagle's talon to slice me open and straight Kentucky bourbon to clean the incision because when I bleed, I bleed for America.

12 hours ago, Zeke said:

Did your prescriptions get more expensive, Eversleep?

I'm not on any prescriptions anymore. After trying like 10 different ones, I gave up. I want ECT treatments (brain shock, basically) but all my docs won't prescibe me for it. I just don't wanna be on pills again that won't do shit. But yes they are getting more expensive for many people, that isn't something to joke about, it's a sad reality for a lot of people.

7 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

This reminds me of anecdotes someone on Zero Hedge was writing about in the USA: all too often people with mental issues would either be too afraid to use the healthcare system for fear of costs or they'd try to use it and simply be given meds and a pat on the back without fixing anything. It was only after they'd committed a serious crime and wound up in prison that they would get some semblance of actual mental health care without insane premiums.

Here in Australia suicide threats are taken seriously by doctors; I suppose continuous suicide threats would simply tell them that there are other issues as well.

I recommend that you do not kill yourself, and instead enjoy whatever remains of modern life and makes you happy before the system deteriorates completely.

I hear Australia has the best healthcare system and other stuff too.

1 hour ago, willow said:

Okay if you're gonna talk shit, at least get it right.

Originally I was just being my usual goofy self and you guys somehow felt threatened by it. Now that the original FAF is back up, you can look at my early posts and see (though searching my username yields no results, and it won't let you view a banned user's profile, so finding them may be difficult). I started out friendly and the "regs" all attacked me and bullied me. Most psychotic people are a product of how society treats them, and any of my reactions were because you guys all started shit. But apparently, you can't wrap your brains around that.

The threats were separate from the forums (though a few did happen on them), But the ban had nothing to do with sending nudes... the nudes were over a year after I was banned, and were on an alt as well. I posted them on a different forum first anyway. The ban was unfair, it was just you guys getting upset that you didn't like my personality, and being a crybaby to the mods and admins (who bullied me as well) and you guys probably sucked their dicks too. I never actually did anything wrong. You guys were just childish and said "We don't like him and want him to go away even though he technically didn't do anything wrong!".

This was a valid question but I got my answers from other people elsewhere so whatever. I know Aussies on other sites I can talk to about suicide threats there.

I'll probably end up causing an invasion on these forums and making more video responses aimed at you guys too. You guys may need to go into hiding. I won't accept defeat this easily. Be warned.

21 minutes ago, deconstructed furry said:

Okay if you're gonna talk shit, at least get it right.

Originally I was just being my usual goofy self and you guys somehow felt threatened by it. Now that the original FAF is back up, you can look at my early posts and see (though searching my username yields no results, and it won't let you view a banned user's profile, so finding them may be difficult). I started out friendly and the "regs" all attacked me and bullied me. Most psychotic people are a product of how society treats them, and any of my reactions were because you guys all started shit. But apparently, you can't wrap your brains around that.

yeah see, while I know that old FAF used to be full of dicks, you also have a track record of this kind of conduct on other sites so I have a hard time you were just bullied

I mean, you're banned from SoFurry too and I dunno where else

image.gif.bd460be93f85eee2747cc903c205c8

did they bully you too? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, willow said:

yeah see, while I know that old FAF used to be full of dicks, you also have a track record of this kind of conduct on other sites so I have a hard time you were just bullied

I mean, you're banned from SoFurry too and I dunno where else

image.gif.bd460be93f85eee2747cc903c205c8

did they bully you too? 

It started mostly on FAF... I hadn't gone on any furry forums before that. SoFurry came much later and by that point, I was already beyond damaged from you guys and the rest of society, so I could no longer socially function normally- even online.

My SoFurry ban ends in May... can't fucking wait. It sucks not having any furfag outlet. I hate being suicidal all the time, and this forum and SF are the only active furry ones.

But before the furry fagdom corrupted me, I mostly hung out on old video game forums and random social sites. I didn't cause nearly as much trouble because what I did was not usually seen as trouble... you guys saw my quirks as trouble when they weren't. Plus I wasn't as damaged back then.

11 minutes ago, deconstructed furry said:

It started mostly on FAF... I hadn't gone on any furry forums before that. SoFurry came much later and by that point, I was already beyond damaged from you guys and the rest of society, so I could no longer socially function normally- even online.

My SoFurry ban ends in May... can't fucking wait. It sucks not having any furfag outlet. I hate being suicidal all the time, and this forum and SF are the only active furry ones.

But before the furry fagdom corrupted me, I mostly hung out on old video game forums and random social sites. I didn't cause nearly as much trouble because what I did was not usually seen as trouble... you guys saw my quirks as trouble when they weren't. Plus I wasn't as damaged back then.

well granted you constantly evade ban and that on its own is a permaban

can you like, actually learn how to behave though? that's my main question. 

20 minutes ago, deconstructed furry said:

You're not going to get anywhere if you keep blaming everyone but yourself for your many social problems.

• Like 2

I cannot exactly vouch whether you get a free mental institution care in Finland (where I live) because I haven't been diagnosed with one nor have I stated I want to kill myself (except for a few times to a family member) but what I can say is that free social healthcare does provide you free stuff you need to take care of lifetime illnesses provided you have all the paperwork taken care of

So, you will get a considerable reduction of all the medicine/drugs that helps that helps you cope with your mental state, but that is if KELA (the name of our social care institute) sees you need assistance. Similarly, you can reserve meetings with a public psychologist and KELA will pay most of it off for you

But will they assign you to psychic wards/asylums? All I have is an anecdote of a friend who is quite... manic. He has had periods of hyper depression and happiness and during the depression times, he got free care in a mental hospital for a few weeks before he was "rehabilitated" back to his own home. What I can conclude from this is that the government is prepared against abuse cases and because everything is so official and all the paperwork thoroughly examined (which is the  reason bureaucracy is so damn slow in here) it's quite difficult to hustle free healthcare from the government for wrong reasons

But because of our public healthcare, getting a surgery or treatment to more rare and chronic diseases can be difficult, especially outside of our only truly urban area, Helsinki. Many resort to medical tourism here when it comes to medical care not covered by public hospitals and pharmacies.

Edited by Snagged Cub

1 hour ago, willow said:

well granted you constantly evade ban and that on its own is a permaban

can you like, actually learn how to behave though? that's my main question. 

I was permabanned to begin with. That isn't going to change.

And I keep trying and it isn't working because people keep abusing and taking advantage of me. So odds are, it won't happen unless people actually help.

1 hour ago, Onnes said:

You're not going to get anywhere if you keep blaming everyone but yourself for your many social problems.

I took every suggestion everyone ever told me and it still didn't work. I'm sick of putting in work and getting no result.

8 hours ago, deconstructed furry said:

I'll probably end up causing an invasion on these forums and making more video responses aimed at you guys too. You guys may need to go into hiding. I won't accept defeat this easily. Be warned.

6 hours ago, deconstructed furry said:

I was permabanned to begin with. That isn't going to change.

And I keep trying and it isn't working because people keep abusing and taking advantage of me. So odds are, it won't happen unless people actually help.

I took every suggestion everyone ever told me and it still didn't work. I'm sick of putting in work and getting no result.

See that quoted post above that is yours? See that shit right there? That is merely one reason you keep getting banned. I want you to understand this, since I know you're going to read this anyway. Just stop. You don't need us, move on.

• Like 3