Your Most Underrated Game?

Grandpriest

The legend of Kay was a really underrated game for it's time. It was released for PS2 in 2005 and never got that much attention. I mean for a game were the main character is a kickass kung fu tiger, there aren't very many people who know about it. It's out on the Wii U for $25 right now, but i would say wait to get it on sale if you want to buy it. 

Mountain is another underrated title, a cute little game where you play as a mountain in space. It's only $0.99, and has a relaxing soundtrack.

Disgaea.

I rarely am a big fan of JRPG's but I love Disgaea. However when people are talking about their favorite JRPG's it almost never seems to get mentioned and I don't know why. It's got a great art style, beautiful music, incredibly fun gameplay, and a good cast of characters.

I think... It's an old PC game, Jazz Jackrabbit 2. Everything about this game was perfect. It's a 2D sidescrolling platformer, you play as 1 of two adorable anthro bunnies, each of them has their own abilities that let them reach areas the other can't. They shoot enemies with guns and the weapon upgrades are fun. Cute cutscenes, good graphics and everything, fun multiplayer options and great levels.

But by far the best thing about the game is the music. There is not one single track from that game that I don't absolutely love. So varied, and it really makes you feel like you're starting, progressing through, and finishing the game.

If i have the time this weekend I'm gonna play through it again.

Little Samson on NES is very underrated. 2D sidescroller with four characters you can switch on the fly, each with their own abilities and theme songs. Like Mega Man and Castlevania III mixed together. Came out way too late in the console's life for people to notice, and now it's crazy expensive. Also, I think the developer has been defunct for like 20 years.

Also, Breath of Fire II on SNES never gets enough love. Very good graphics and a dark story that's a bit marred by the crummy translation. Lots of replay value with missables and a big cast of characters. Doesn't get mentioned beside greats like FFVI or Chrono Trigger, and i may not be as good as them, but still very above average. Also, the cast is mostly anthros, as opposed to RPGs that have maybe the one token animal character.

My vote goes to the two Darksiders games. They're mid-tier things that I think were a bit overlooked when they came out, which is a shame because they're both fantastic. Best Zelda games ever! Well, the first one is.

Also, Earth Defense Force 2025. Not sure if i'ts really underrated, but I feel like I'm the only person who ever really talks about how awesome it is. I think I've put like 80 hours into it as a couch-coop experience with my brother. It's so fucking fun.

Definitely Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger.

It's by no means a masterpiece but so very few people bother to give it a try. It suffers from "it's stylus based therefore it's bad" stigma too. IMO it's one of the best original IPs Nintendo released and it's one of the few tower defence games that don't play like something you could find on Newgrounds.