I Am Setsuna

TrishaCat

I Am Setsuna is a JRPG by Tokyo RPG Factory, a development studio created by Square Enix to make that takes inspiration from Chrono Trigger for its battle system. The game takes place in a cold and snowy world and is about a shrine maiden who sets out on a journey to sacrifice herself to appease evil demons. The game is set to release for PS4 and PC digitally only on July 19. Its Steam page just went up so I felt it was high time we have a thread for it.  Here's a recently released trailer:

I'm really excited for this. Its got a very cold and somber atmosphere to it. The combination of a nearly all piano soundtrack and a snow filled world makes it look really relaxing and pretty. Anyone else excited for it? Any of you going to be getting it? What do you think?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Gosh this looks (& sounds) so goooood! Would seriously consider getting if it was on a handheld system, seems like it'd fit pretty well on 3DS. I don't own a PS4 though and don't think I'd end up playing if I got it for PC. But I might cave depending on the reviews after its release!

Either way -- hypehype! :P

• Like 1

On 7/14/2016 at 9:10 AM, Moogle said:

Gosh this looks (& sounds) so goooood! Would seriously consider getting if it was on a handheld system, seems like it'd fit pretty well on 3DS. I don't own a PS4 though and don't think I'd end up playing if I got it for PC. But I might cave depending on the reviews after its release!

Either way -- hypehype! :P

There is a chance it might get published at a later date on the Vita if that means anything. Japan had a Vita version and Square recently said they'd consider releasing the Vita version in the West if there's enough demand for it. Although I heard that version of the game had long loading times.

Its out! And so far, I'm loving it! Its got such a comfy atmosphere to it. The art, the menus, everything! Its so relaxing and pleasant to look at.

20160719224829_1.jpg20160719224849_1.jpg

For some reason the character moves in eight directions rather than having full 360 degree movement, which is unfortunate, but otherwise I like it. The music is really pretty.