RPG Maker Thread

RTDragon

Well considering i've been using both the console (RPG Maker 1, RPG Maker 2, and RPG Maker 3 for the PS1 and PS2)and the PC Rpg makers as well as well as playing some of the games that were made by them. Considering there's also other genre made with the maker mainly the horror games. And since the latest maker of the seriis is MV which is coming out as well as the now legal releases of RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 on steam.

Well i was wondering what are your favorite games to play that was made with rpg maker?

I have fond memories of dicking around in the ps2 rpgmaker 3 (septango, my sonas surname came from misreading a default name in it)

god that game was terrible X3

middens (and its sequel gingiva) is a cool game for pc made using the program, it was made by a collage artist and all of the enemy sprites are in that stylec0e34d7bb1ef1e7d6ee2ffe897df8033_large.j

Cherubim.jpg

tumblr_inline_n1rm1h2GKA1r0lp901.png

the art style is very much an inspiration for me (actually Ive been trying to rip the sprites to look at but cant figure it out, heh)

I have fond memories of dicking around in the ps2 rpgmaker 3 (septango, my sonas surname came from misreading a default name in it)

god that game was terrible X3

middens (and its sequel gingiva) is a cool game for pc made using the program, it was made by a collage artist and all of the enemy sprites are in that style

the art style is very much an inspiration for me (actually Ive been trying to rip the sprites to look at but cant figure it out, heh)

Ah i have heard a lot of these games especially considering if i recall i think the artist actually drew all the enemy artwork and created the sprites. Oh have you tried RPG Maker 2 on the PS2.

Oneshot

Its a very good, very short, very unique sad game that puts puzzles outside of the game for you to solve.

An extended version is being worked on and hopefully by next month it'll be finished.

I've seen a lot of positive reviews about on rpg maker.net Though i am looking forward to the extended version.

I once played around with RPG maker, but I couldn't figure out how to make a variable market price, which was necessary for my game idea. 

Which version of the maker were you using? 

Edited by RTDragon
Quick Fix.

Ah i have heard a lot of these games especially considering if i recall i think the artist actually drew all the enemy artwork and created the sprites.

yes and no, he made all the artwork but he didn't draw them, like I said hes a collage artist the sprites are collages of old pre 1900 artwork

and yeah I messed around with 2 too

yes and no, he made all the artwork but he didn't draw them, like I said hes a collage artist the sprites are collages of old pre 1900 artwork

and yeah I messed around with 2 too

RPG Maker 2 is one of the most powerful console rpg maker since it's in 3D but has a steep learning curve since i remember i had not much trouble using RPG Maker to make a game and mastering the use of conserving switches since there were 500 max you can use in a game.

I like RPG horror games like It Moves and Ib. Ib is my favorite. 

If you like horror games XoPachi i would recommend Dark Gaia One Night Trilogy Games. Also the Witches House. and Mad Father

Edited by RTDragon
Reply to XoPachi

Most likely VX Ace though you may need a script for that. Though to be honest you might be better off making a CMS for that. Though that's an advanced use of events and lots of pictures which only RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 can do that since there's some features that are missing from the newer makers that makes custom event systems easy. But still take time.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/9/2016 at 0:19 AM, Aresh said:

what was the game idea?

Game idea was was a bit of a mix between EVE and a Tycoon game. You 'fly' around in a spaceship and mine asteroids, selling ore to refineries. You could also cargo-haul metals, parts, and equipment between locations, purchase (or build) locations, and set up your own automated routes/hire autominers. Foes would be pirates and space 'monsters'.

Was heavily influenced by Jumpgate, and the changes I'd make if I had the resources to remake it.