Dark Souls Series

KittenAdmin

Hi. I've been really into the souls series the past few months and I was curious if anyone else was. I'm on my second character up to NG+ trying to go all the way to NG+++ for all the rings in Dark Souls 3. I'm capped at 120 which is the unofficial community Pvp standard. My build this time around is intelligence using the Moonlight Greatsword and just now trying out the Greatsword of Judgement. Been kicking ass with this build thus far without any real issues besides the usual el-cheapo weapons and quality builds like the washing pole and Gundyr's halbard.

I've beaten both Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2, but the original dark souls has been kind of a pain because it's only on PS3 and Xbox360. I enjoy cooping with a coworker which is hard without party chat on PS3...

Anyway... anyone else have this addiction to self torment? :B

• Like 2

xZ2sEbd.gif

DS I and III are outstanding: lore, mechanic, music, visual design in these games are stunning. I love non-obviousness of these games, some secret things that are practically impossible to find alone, without help of community. And its one of few games that really teaches you patience and care.

But all of this gone in DS II unfortunately. Its good, but not nearly as good as the other two.

• Like 1

Luca and I have been playing DS3 again lately on PS4. Trying new things and dying a lot. (I usually don't build strength character)

My top character right now is about level 230, and is a balanced build. So if anyone needs help in ds3 just ask!

I have DS2, Demon souls and Bloodborne. My copy of DS1 is gone unfortunately.

• Like 1

k8WwOq8.jpg

Praise the mother fucking sun bitches 

The souls series is great nothing like Bloodborne is also freaking amazing I'm kinda glad three is the last dark souls rather than it being milked for all its worth only for it to end up completely unrecognizable like games before it 

*Cough* metal gear solid 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

Try III, IV, Bloodlines, Rondo of blood, Chronicles, Belmont's revenge and Adventure rebirth.

Please play these.

(Rebirth last.....)

I myself tend to avoid DS mainly because I'm not a fan of sluggish combat in games. I always get the fanboys that go "but it's realistic". I'm aware. It's not my thing. I stick to Ninja Gaiden for brutal 3D (or 2D) action.

23 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Please play these.

(Rebirth last.....)

I myself tend to avoid DS mainly because I'm not a fan of sluggish combat in games. I always get the fanboys that go "but it's realistic". I'm aware. It's not my thing. I stick to Ninja Gaiden for brutal 3D (or 2D) action.

Haha. I'm a fan of it myself. But I get the appeal of faster combat. I just really like having to plan your swings because if you fuck up, the punish is real. I'm more interested in the PVP than anything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joel said:

k8WwOq8.jpg

Praise the mother fucking sun bitches 

*Cough* metal gear solid 

I blame Konami. Hideo Kojima is a a saint!

5 hours ago, KittenAdmin said:

Unfortunately it's like literally my favorite genre. So my only hope is that some day they do something similar but not the same. Or they make loads of DLC for DS3.

I can see them making another Bloodborne or a new series. But they need to let Dark Souls die.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried Dark Souls 1 but I couldn't get into it. Everything moves too slowly for my tastes and the types of attacks available to the player isn't varied enough. At least from what I've played, anyways. I only really beat the first boss. The game reminds me of Monster Hunter a bit in how it plays, and I don't like that. Plus going to an area you aren't supposed to be in yet only to be surrounded by tough enemies really sucks. There's a lack of direction in where to go and the game punishes you for exploring.