Fan made a weird noise

Sidewalk Surfboard

Same happened to my laptop when one the blades of the fan became loose and dropped off in the fan chamber. I Had to remove the blade and clean up the dust and after that things worked normal and the fan was relatively quiet again. 

I suggest you open up your PC back panel and check if there's any junk in the fan chamber (provided your laptop warranty is void, else you could take it to repair shop and pay about 20$ for a very small and simple job to have your fan cleaned) 

1 hour ago, Snagged Cub said:

Same happened to my laptop when one the blades of the fan became loose and dropped off in the fan chamber. I Had to remove the blade and clean up the dust and after that things worked normal and the fan was relatively quiet again. 

I suggest you open up your PC back panel and check if there's any junk in the fan chamber (provided your laptop warranty is void, else you could take it to repair shop and pay about 20$ for a very small and simple job to have your fan cleaned) 

I'll see if I can take it to a shop.