Why I'm misanthropic and why I love orks.

WileyWarWeasel

Oomans are pink and soft, not tough and green like da Boyz. They'z all the same size too, so they'z always arguing about who's in charge, 'cos no way of telling 'cept fer badges an' ooniforms and fings. When one of them wants to lord it over the uvvers, 'e says "I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me", or "I know summink wot you lot don't know so yer better lissen good". Da funny fing is, arf of 'em believe it and da over arf don't, so 'e 'as to hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot of mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while they'z all arguing wiv each other over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot.

800px-EAR-evil-sunz-shoota-boyz.jpg

WAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Oomans are pink and soft, not tough and green like da Boyz. They'z all the same size too, so they'z always arguing about who's in charge, 'cos no way of telling 'cept fer badges an' ooniforms and fings. When one of them wants to lord it over the uvvers, 'e says "I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me", or "I know summink wot you lot don't know so yer better lissen good". Da funny fing is, arf of 'em believe it and da over arf don't, so 'e 'as to hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot of mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while they'z all arguing wiv each other over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot.

800px-EAR-evil-sunz-shoota-boyz.jpg

WAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Orks are pretty much the only thing I like from 40k. Everything else is tryhard edgelord mary sue bullshit but the Orks are fucking great.

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

Orks are pretty much the only thing I like from 40k. Everything else is tryhard edgelord mary sue bullshit but the Orks are fucking great.

I prefer to think of the whole franchise as being way over the top in a good way (the gore, drama, dogmatic thinking, etc) ;3

The Ultramarines are a bit mary sue I'll admit.

27 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

I prefer to think of the whole franchise as being way over the top in a good way (the gore, drama, dogmatic thinking, etc) ;3

The Ultramarines are a bit mary sue I'll admit.

Not me. The Imperium especially. It's too grimdark, to the point there is no point. Nothing matters and they're impossible to sympathize with or relate to because there's no point to anything. The Orks, on the other hand, are laughing and having a good time and they just think the apocalypse is a big damn party. It's so absurd and silly and it's great.

IIRC all of 40K started out that way because it was taking the piss out of the other super cereal tabletop games at the time but somewhere along the line it became the thing it was supposed to make fun of.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Not me. The Imperium especially. It's too grimdark, to the point there is no point. Nothing matters and they're impossible to sympathize with or relate to because there's no point to anything. The Orks, on the other hand, are laughing and having a good time and they just think the apocalypse is a big damn party. It's so absurd and silly and it's great.

IIRC all of 40K started out that way because it was taking the piss out of the other super cereal tabletop games at the time but somewhere along the line it became the thing it was supposed to make fun of.

I thought it was still taking the piss. There's no way anyone could take it seriously with games like Dawn of War and that Ultramarines movie I would think >>

As for the Imperium crumbling, it does in some ways reflect what's happening to humie civilization now but that's another discussion.

Best of all there is now a mod for Men of War Assault Squad 2 called "UWM40k" that is basically what DoW2 and 3 shouldv'e been and it's actively played online ;D

EDIT: as a visual example, here is a tank of the elite forces of the Imperium:

PredatorArt.jpg

How in god's name can anyone take them seriously when they pilot such squarish METAL BOXES ;D

13 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

Pretty much that, yeah. The creators of 40k were reading way too much Judge Dredd and listening to too much cheesy metal but it came out as silly in a great fun way. They've gone from grimdark ridiculousness to wanting to be taken seriously with the edgy imperium. It used to be that the imperium was over-the-top paranoid and xenophobic like a medieval catholic church in space, but now spehss muhreens are the centrepiece of 40k to the point that it's boring, like we're supposed to see them as the default good guys. Not the kind of good guys where it was embraced that they were complete unlikeable dickheads in an ironic twist.

5 hours ago, Dr. Doggo said:

but now spehss muhreens are the centrepiece of 40k to the point that it's boring, like we're supposed to see them as the default good guys. Not the kind of good guys where it was embraced that they were complete unlikeable dickheads in an ironic twist.

Well they are TEH EMPRAH'S FINEST, you heretic ;P

Behold, the Empras finest fighting in the finest mod for the finest game made using the finest engine.

Just now, WileyWarWeasel said:

Well they are TEH EMPRAH'S FINEST, you heretic ;P

Behold, the Empras finest fighting in the finest mod for the finest game made using the finest engine.

It looks pretty cool, the Mowas engine seems ideal for 40k.

You a fan of Total War: Warhammer? It's based off Fantasy but the orks are their loveable selves still.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Doggo said:

It looks pretty cool, the Mowas engine seems ideal for 40k.

Yep, it's much better than Dow 2 and 3. MowAS2 is also relatively cheap especially on sale.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Doggo said:

You a fan of Total War: Warhammer? It's based off Fantasy but the orks are their loveable selves still.

I like the adorable ratties in TWW but the series didn't do much for me when I tried TW Napoleon. I sometimes play as the orks (using the ridiculous spelling of "orcs" ;) ) in Blood Bowl 2.