Rave: I graduate college in 5 days!

TrishaCat

Its finally happening!

After 18 consecutive years of school, I'm finally about to be done with it all! 5 days from now, I will be graduating college with a Bachelor's in Computer Science! I've finally done it!

It feels weird. I started posting back on FAF back in highschool. It feels weird knowing you all from when I was an underage highschool student and now still being here after all this time being a college graduate about to step out into the world. Its really exciting though!

Plus it just...feels good to be done with it all. College was hell for me and I think school stressing me out was a large part of what brought on my depression. I've been in a rough spot for a while but finally...finally it'll all be over. No more worrying about homework. No more worrying about tests. I go to work, come home from work, and I don't need to think about work anymore! And considering my plans, this should cure my loneliness too! I plan on moving to the big city, Boston MA, after I graduate. Heading up north and finally being away from the sticks and in the big city is like a dream come true, and I'll be all on my own! I do have a friend that lives in the area but this is the first time I'm making such major decisions myself! Getting an apartment, roaming the big city...I'll finally be able to do things and make choices for myself. Picking my own clothes, going where I wanna go when I want to, having a room to myself...I'm so happy!

5 days is all that's left!

• Like 4

This here is that good shit.

Its kinda crazy how you can look at your past self and compare it to now through a long string of posts, photos and the like. That development is the fun part of living right? 

Anyway. Same, dude. College feels like shit and its great that you made it through - it gives a fella some motivation through the next one... two(?) years. I want a piece of that freedom too, and I'm not gonna let you take all of it lol. 

Get yourself a nice drink or somethin' haha

I guess the 'niggas' are college. College is also a hater.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 1:03 AM, Rassah said:

Bump. Let us know how it went with adulting afterwards.

I now live on the other side of the country, have a steady job in IT that pays decently, and am renting a room in an apartment!

Its going really well! Its really weird being able to dress as I please, buy what I want when I want, and go and do things as I want to.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...