Some media should get a cover in a more appropriate genre

Alexxx-Returns

...is the worst thread title ever conceived.

I'll try and say what I was thinking.

So tonight we were watching Horrible Bosses. For peeps who haven't seen it, it's a mediocre comedy centred around 3 guys who each have a different boss, who is evil and manipulative to them in different ways. And the blackmailing comes to such a point where the literal only way out for them is to kill their bosses. I'm not gonna talk about the movie specifically any more, but it struck me more and more as I was watching, that this movie could be re-written as a serious, dramatic movie. The feelings and the situations could be explored more and the real brutality of what is happening could be elaborated upon. What sorts of fucked up situations could result in three separate people being driven to murder their bosses.

It makes me wonder why the people who made the movie went down the comedy route instead, this just seems like such a better idea.

So discuss what you will of whether this idea is gold or shit, also I was interested to know if anyone else had thought the same sorts of things about other medias? If so, what ones, and what would you have done differently?

Comedy films are kinda crap anyways. Don't even get me started on Rom Coms. 

If you took most plot-based comedy films and actually made them more serious, they'd probably be better.

But this is why we watch films made especially for their genres: they are made with desirable components of the genre already in mind. There are probably things that the comedy version could do without, characters that would need to be changed around and whatever. So something made from the ground up would be better.

Yeah comedies are usually pretty awful. They put minimal effort into their plot because the focus is supposed to be all of their dated jokes.

This summer...

You'll find...

Puns...

Bathroom humor...

Unrealistic physics causing a chain reaction of misfortune...

Sadistic writing where the main character never catches a break...

And most importantly, a love interest that rejects the protagonist's advances for 3/4ths of the movie! 

What you will not find... is LAUGHTER.

Coming to a theater near you!

• Like 1

b0ss? (dated joke + minimal effort)

This summer...

You'll find...

Puns...

Bathroom humor...

Unrealistic physics causing a chain reaction of misfortune...

Sadistic writing where the main character never catches a break...

And most importantly, a love interest that rejects the protagonist's advances for 3/4ths of the movie! 

What you will not find... is LAUGHTER.

Coming to a theater near you!

Both of these are terrible, you should feel ashamed as you await Hollywood to contact you for a movie deal.