An enlightening history lesson

''The Suez Canal was opened in 1869 and is located between England and France'' - My teacher

latest?cb=20141025225807

facepalm.png ''I never asked for this'' - Adam Jensen

17200-dead-space-facepalm.jpg ''Just... Just let the necromorphs have me...'' - Isaac Clarke

180px-Kz2_facepalm.jpg

tactical-facepalm_56306.jpg

It's good to see my glorious country's educational system has such qualified personnel

I could almost accept this as an innocent mistake if she had picked some other narrow body of water but between England and France?!

Haha I know right?! We had to point it out and even then it still took her some time to realize the crap she said. She's not a bad woman in that she's pleasant but, frankly, she isn't that much of a teacher. That's another story though

Edited by Guest

Oh god when I saw you I was expecting you to bitch about something

Why am I not surprised?

europe_according_to_america.jpg

I was kinda expecting to see mafia in there with Italy. They didn't even bother doing anything with Iceland hahaha

I'm just finding it funny how your teacher thought the Suez Canal was even anywhere near England or France, considering it's actually in Egypt about ~2200 miles away England. How do you even make a mistake that big? Maybe she meant the Channel Tunnel? That's the only slightly-sort-of similar thing between France and England I can think, of besides the actual Channel.

I'm just finding it funny how your teacher thought the Suez Canal was even anywhere near England or France, considering it's actually in Egypt about ~2200 miles away England. How do you even make a mistake that big? Maybe she meant the Channel Tunnel? That's the only slightly-sort-of similar thing between France and England I can think, of besides the actual Channel.

Maybe because Suez Canal was made by the French and later belonged to the Brits. People have tendency to mix up things like that. For example my ex-tutor, a history professor, very esteemed, was always mixing up thousands with hundreds in dates.

Maybe because Suez Canal was made by the French and later belonged to the Brits. People have tendency to mix up things like that. For example my ex-tutor, a history professor, very esteemed, was always mixing up thousands with hundreds in dates.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah right ok, didn't know about that part. That makes a lot more sense, I'm always making mistakes like that so I can understand it.