Rainbow Six Siege

Kinare

The insanely easy to get a key for "closed beta" came out yesterday (24th). Anyone played it yet? My home PC is downloading it right now for me while I'm away. Will hopefully get to play it this weekend, but I doubt I can play until the middle of the week.

Am not one for highly competitive games, so I probably will only like the single player when it does finally come out, but figured it was worth a try since free keys are free.

Edited by Kinare

Yeah, a lot of people are bitching because of the price. It's the typical price nowadays though for and somewhat big titles. Only reason I have it pre-ordered is because the Tom Clancy bundle was just too epic to pass on since the only game I had in the whole lot was Splinter Cell Blacklist and loved that. R6S doesn't come with the extra ticket/pass thing from the bundle though, which was a bummer, so I'll have to buy that separately if I end up liking it enough.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's played the beta, I've been interested in going for it, but don't know if its worth it.

Free is always worth it.

https://contests.nvidia.com/en-us/rainbow-six-siege-giveaway

Suppose I could have plopped this into the OP, but I thought everyone knew. D:

Edited by Kinare

I shall try the beta after lunch today 'cause I have it. :3c

I expect to be disappointed, though. Every time a new Rainbow Six comes out my question is always "will it be like Rainbow Six 3?". So far not a single Rainbow Six after 3 has been that. I miss that ultra-tactical experience where you could plan every single thing in the mission but still get screwed over because the enemies were randomized if I remember correctly.

BUT, Siege might be fun in it's own right as a co-op experience, but I was always confused over how it looks more like a SWAT game than Rainbow Six.

I applied for a code but haven't got one. Then again I applied only some hours ago.

I wanna play this game but I also like not spending £50. And I like to think I'm loyal to old Rainbow Six games (and Ghost Recon for that matter). But I had bunches of fun with Vegas 2 so I might like this.

I got it instantly to my email. Check it

Okay what in the actual fuck, I managed to play a few matches but now it's just constantly searching for players without finding anything so I'm left here waiting and getting impatient as fuck and just go back to playing Metal Gear Solid V.

The game's okay, although you kinda die too easily. Granted, it was the same in the old ones but there you at least had the benefit of playing against AI and not actual players. You gotta react quickly in this one.

Also, fuck me, the Rainbow Six dudes move slowly. I can fucking WALK faster than they sprint, what's the bloody point of sprinting in the first place when the movement speed is so damn slow?

But it's not a total nightmare. I can appreciate this as a more realistic take on Counter-Strike.

EDIT:

THE GAME HAS NOW CRASHED TWICE ON ME FUCK YOU UBISOFT

Edited by Kellie Gator

Yeah, apparently a few people are having issues with the nVidia codes not working. =/ Really odd.

@Kellie Gator: About the slow moving, it depends on who you pick and what you pick to go with them. I didn't feel like they were that slow, but maybe that's just me. =p I tend to do better with slower moving anyhow, so maybe I'm just so comfy with it that I don't notice.

---

As for the game itself, I played a LOT yesterday, but only Terrorist Hunt mode because I don't care for PVP. Might try some PVP tonight. I quite enjoyed it, especially once I found myself a fantastic group (we cleared maps in under 2 minutes without anyone dying multiple times over, which is pretty hard to do with pubs) and we played for a solid 3+ hours together from about 2:30am to 5:30am (EST), same group of 5 except I think one switched out at one point, but we were just as successful. Got about 2.5k credits and a few levels out of that deal, was really nice.

There aren't many maps right now, but that's fine by me because it means I can learn the current maps pretty well and get a good idea of the strategy. There does seem to be a big ping/lag issue though. The best I could get from anyone was 130ish ms, most of the time though I was lucky to get anything under 200ms and of course that meant that on occasion there would be some really weird spikes and I'd end up in a weird spot or dead because of it. My net might have shit DL/UL, but my ping has always been superb, so I'm thinking it has to do with the game or I'm just unlucky and have been getting put with shitty hosts 100% of the time.

Game has never crashed on me, however, whenever I join a match already in progress 9/10 it will not load me in and I have to close the game out and try again.

I have noticed that during the day it's hard to find stable matches where people aren't AFK or hosts don't disconnect all the time. I had this same issue yesterday evening before I had to go out for the night, but basically what I've been trying to do for the last hour is find a match and finish it. We were near done once and the host disconnected... Then another time we were almost done but the one guy left was AFK. =| He perched himself on the roof too, so I'm fairly sure his intent was to go AFK... Which just grind my gears in a bad way.

---

If anyone wants to add me, I'll probably play quite a bit when I'm home tonight again. My UPlay is KinareZainin and my Steam is in my sig. After that I'll be focusing on moving and won't have much time if any to play until Wednesday or Thursday, then I can play a lot again. We could use my clan's TeamSpeak if desired.

Edited by Kinare

If someone still needs a beta key you can try this website. Might still have keys in their pool:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/grab-a-free-rainbow-six-siege-beta-code-here-and-play-now-on-pc-ps4-or-xbox-one

Otherwise I think you can still get a beta key by doing their all 5 of their 'Field training' missions while logged in to uplay on the R6 site. Google it, kinda hidden after the beta went live but it's still up.

• Like 1

I have 5 codes if people want them. I got one from nVidia after I already bought the TC bundle, then they sent out 4 codes to current participants. I don't know anyone to give them to that isn't already in, so maybe you kids want in? Just shoot me a PM. The closed beta ends the 4th, so if ya wanna play ya better play soon.

I have 5 codes if people want them. I got one from nVidia after I already bought the TC bundle, then they sent out 4 codes to current participants. I don't know anyone to give them to that isn't already in, so maybe you kids want in? Just shoot me a PM. The closed beta ends the 4th, so if ya wanna play ya better play soon.

It says on their website that the code redemption for the beta ended first of October.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Open beta now from the 25th to the 29th, then launch on the 1st. Pre-load started yesterday apparently and anyone who was in on the closed beta should have been able to start playing today. Damn shame I'm stuck at work and have to work tomorrow as well, no reaping the benefits of early playing for me. 3:

Will be interesting to see what they changed from closed beta, if anything. There was quite a bit they changed from alpha that I wasn't happy about, but the more competitive community seemed to disagree with me. Still a lot of rage over shields though, buncha sillies.

Wat

Game came out yesterday and it's super awesome. There is some single player only content called "Situations" which net experience and renown (enough to unlock and fully equip 7 operators if you complete all the achievements), but I breezed through that in 5 hours because I'm pro. The last situation is co-op only though, so I haven't been able to do that one.

There's 4 never before seen maps, so plus the 3 from the last 2 betas and the ones from the first beta there's a total of 9-10 maps if I'm mathing right and not forgetting any. All maps have a night and day scene.

There are 4 scenarios you can play, alone or with people: kill all enemies, disarm or protect two bombs, protect or rescue a hostage. I haven't seen it yet, but in the beta there was also a container you could protect. Might have replaced that with the hostage though, which is much better. Also in the betas you could not play single player as a defender, but now you can, so they definitely upped the site gle player game.

All operators from the first beta are available, they aren't DLC content which I was afraid they might do with some. This means there's a total of 20 currently.

I've found my new full time game. I have zero regrets buying it. I've been getting so much better at it too because of how much I've played these last few months, both PVE and PVP. Having a group to play with has helped a lot, but I can tell my own personal skills have increased because I'm usually one of the last if not last to die and usually 1st or 2nd highest score.

• Like 1

is there a rainbow six out where i can brutalize citizens and infringe on their rights yet??

I liked SWAT 3

it's not a Tom Clancy game but it plays like one. It's interesting throwing flashbangs and running in shouting orders and demands guns a-blazing into rooms full of women and children, detaining both them and the terrorists.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, does anyone 'round these parts play this pretty regularly? I'm trying to form a team up of like-minded folk to play ranked with. My personal goal is to be able to eventually hit plat 1, maybe eventually diamond, but not really competition level because I don't think that's realistic for how much I can invest into the game given that I need to work full-time cuz bills. At least through January, I have Thursdays through Sundays off and play later in the EST timezone (roughly 5-6pm until 4-5am, varies depending on when I wake up). There's currently 2 confirmed people in my group from my clan, possibly a 3rd.

Aside from matching times, I'm looking for people who want to aim for at least plat 1, even if they're not that great at the game yet. That means you want to work on being coordinated and work as a team, really learn the maps and proper tactics and try hard for every ranked match (casual can have more silly yolo type play because it's easier and a loss doesn't matter much). Having a working mic is also required. We'll be on my clan's TS with some of the others I play with, so be able to use TS. Ideally we enjoy playing different operators so there's no competition for one and an important one gets left behind.

I just recently hit level 70 and have all operators unlocked and full equipped and am ranked silver 1 (have not played much ranked with an actual group, sigh). My favorite attackers are Glaz (when appropriate), Fuze, Twitch and Sledge (Fuze and Sledge are my go-to usually). My favorite defenders are Smoke, Kapkan, Rook, and Doc (mostly Smoke, but I love Kapkan on certain maps where I know I can get trap kills). I am willing to play others if a situation requires it, but I am not good with the shields and don't enjoy Thermite, so if you can play those 3 and decently then +kudos.