What a crock of shit -- advice?

Gamedog

This is why Americans are stealing your jobs

I can't help it.  It was the Americans who invented the meticulous process of using hundreds of human beings to rip a movie apart, frame by frame, then glue it back together in 3D so as to charge $5 more for a movie ticket!  ...Seriously, my job is basically bullshit.  You want to know what making a 3D movie is?  It's clone, and smear, and blur and paint brush!  A MILLION TIMES OVER!

Stop posting off-topic things on my topic. Thank you

I'm ignoring you until you return my phone calls

I can't help it.  It was the Americans who invented the meticulous process of using hundreds of human beings to rip a movie apart, frame by frame, then glue it back together in 3D so as to charge $5 more for a movie ticket!  ...Seriously, my job is basically bullshit.  You want to know what making a 3D movie is?  It's clone, and smear, and blur and paint brush!  A MILLION TIMES OVER!

We're masters of the stupidity difficult and pointless. Why do it? Because it's difficult! What's the point? It's difficult!  

I'm ignoring you until you return my phone calls

We're masters of the stupidity difficult and pointless. Why do it? Because it's difficult! What's the point? It's difficult!  

Also money, don't forget money.  Though I'm left to wonder if the whole 3D thing will fizzle out or if it'll remain an expectation of film audiences from here on out.

I've actually been yet to get any OT, overtime at my job but I'm looking forward to it, I could really use making some crazy bank to pay down that student loan in a period of less than nine years.

If you have dead parents you get free university here. Shit is cash and no debt means that you can give no shits when some asshole scams you out of a rental. You can just like buy a trailer or some shit and be human garbage. You'd like that right gaydog? Trailers are pretty rad 

If you have dead parents you get free university here. Shit is cash and no debt means that you can give no shits when some asshole scams you out of a rental. You can just like buy a trailer or some shit and be human garbage. You'd like that right gaydog? Trailers are pretty rad 

my trailer is rad

whats not rad is that water pipes will freeze in winter

whats rad is that i have another house set up, move in date is dec 1

As much fun as being trailer trash would be, I think I'll stick with my nice apartment that's not too far from the subway.  Every VFX company in town is in downtown Toronto so I basically never have to move when I change jobs. :3

However, my parents are still alive and I think the estate is only worth like $200k if they died.  Most of that would be the house, the rest would be insurance and stuff.  It'd clear my debts in one go but not exactly set me on easy street for the rest of my life.  But really, I can't complain, my education cost about $30 000, minus $13 000 in grants, I was left with around $17 000 to pay over 9 years at 5.4% interest.  Considering that school got me full time employment basically the week after school formally ended, I really can't complain, my debt has basically paid itself 2x over since I started working in the industry and that's just been 14 months.  So, all in all, good choice even if it took three years of my adult life.

my trailer is rad

whats not rad is that water pipes will freeze in winter

whats rad is that i have another house set up, move in date is dec 1

My friends live in a trailer. I rent out a pretty nice room in a house but I've considered buying a trailer or something. I want to move or travel or something after university so honestly I don't know if getting a place is a good idea. It also seems like a stupid hassle. 

As much fun as being trailer trash would be, I think I'll stick with my nice apartment that's not too far from the subway.  Every VFX company in town is in downtown Toronto so I basically never have to move when I change jobs. :3
However, my parents are still alive and I think the estate is only worth like $200k if they died.  Most of that would be the house, the rest would be insurance and stuff.  It'd clear my debts in one go but not exactly set me on easy street for the rest of my life.  But really, I can't complain, my education cost about $30 000, minus $13 000 in grants, I was left with around $17 000 to pay over 9 years at 5.4% interest.  Considering that school got me full time employment basically the week after school formally ended, I really can't complain, my debt has basically paid itself 2x over since I started working in the industry and that's just been 14 months.  So, all in all, good choice even if it took three years of my adult life.

I hate school with a burning fucking passion but it's the only reason I got to quit my shitty mcdonalds job and do shitty dev. Working for a university as a code monkey isn't ideal but I get sick research opportunities and my pay was pretty much doubled. So yeah. Shit is cash for tech people. 

My friends live in a trailer. I rent out a pretty nice room in a house but I've considered buying a trailer or something. I want to move or travel or something after university so honestly I don't know if getting a place is a good idea. It also seems like a stupid hassle. 

I hate school with a burning fucking passion but it's the only reason I got to quit my shitty mcdonalds job and do shitty dev. Working for a university as a code monkey isn't ideal but I get sick research opportunities and my pay was pretty much doubled. So yeah. Shit is cash for tech people. 

STOP THIS OFF TOPIC!!!!
Only discuss my
lawyer and house issues.

(& yes, i plan on going up north for fishing trip in the spring. the trailer is fantastic for that)

Get a trailer, a cheap one. you never know when you wanna go do something stupid

STOP THIS OFF TOPIC!!!!Only discuss my lawyer and house issues.

(& yes, i plan on going up north for fishing trip in the spring. the trailer is fantastic for that)

Get a trailer, a cheap one. you never know when you wanna go do something stupid

Okay. So have you had sex with your lawyer yet 

I guess? Maybe she has a penis. I don't think it's illegal to ask but be careful. Lawyers are sly animals 

she is a sly fox thats for sure. anyways, lawyer says that house sell was a stalling technique because his lawyer has no idea what shes doing. she gives out a P,O box as her address which apparently lawyrs cant do

how fail can you be

so my lawyer reported her, lol

Oh god, my first school was awful.  It was a 'broadcasting' program.  1/3rd of it was dedicated to studio news broadcasting, which at least here in North America is an unemployment factory, as an increasing number of local news stations shut down in favor of airing more profitable things like reruns of Star Trek Voyager.  Another 1/3rd was live event/sports broadcasting, which I have no interest in, but I admit is a massive and growing industry.  Hell we broadcast poker for fucks sake.  POKER.  The other 1/3rd was film stuff and while I loved it the most it was a shitty problem, lacked resources and wasn't focused.  So then I ship off to a post grad TV and film program at a more expensive art school for 12 months, it had massive resources and deep pockets, a lot of good contacts and experiences which I mixed with dumb luck to turn into a paying career.

I am disappointed in one way though, I had all those stupid pipe dreams of making my own stuff, going rogue on youtube and blowing shit up for views and sweet Patreon cash!  ...However my needs for housing, sleep, and food leave me working for other people instead.  But it pays well, it's secure, it's in the field, and I do like the work I do even if it's for someone else.

Oh god, my first school was awful.  It was a 'broadcasting' program.  1/3rd of it was dedicated to studio news broadcasting, which at least here in North America is an unemployment factory, as an increasing number of local news stations shut down in favor of airing more profitable things like reruns of Star Trek Voyager.  Another 1/3rd was live event/sports broadcasting, which I have no interest in, but I admit is a massive and growing industry.  Hell we broadcast poker for fucks sake.  POKER.  The other 1/3rd was film stuff and while I loved it the most it was a shitty problem, lacked resources and wasn't focused.  So then I ship off to a post grad TV and film program at a more expensive art school for 12 months, it had massive resources and deep pockets, a lot of good contacts and experiences which I mixed with dumb luck to turn into a paying career.

I am disappointed in one way though, I had all those stupid pipe dreams of making my own stuff, going rogue on youtube and blowing shit up for views and sweet Patreon cash!  ...However my needs for housing, sleep, and food leave me working for other people instead.  But it pays well, it's secure, it's in the field, and I do like the work I do even if it's for someone else.

I was a chemistry major first and my options weren't too great. I want to work on my own stuff but... I don't know I guess my dreams have pretty much been crushed into paste. I honestly don't know what to do with myself now or after university. Maybe I'll work for a year or so and then go build a house out in the woods where people can't bother me.  

I was a chemistry major first and my options weren't too great. I want to work on my own stuff but... I don't know I guess my dreams have pretty much been crushed into paste. I honestly don't know what to do with myself now or after university. Maybe I'll work for a year or so and then go build a house out in the woods where people can't bother me.  

Stop

Posting

Off

Topic

Got all papers together and going to serve his lawyer

My lawyer told us today that when we file the papers, there's a good chance that his lawyer will give us a lowball offer. Deny this and it will be taken to "discovery" (I think it's also called "questioning", she said?)
During this, all evidence is laid out and you get to ask questions you haven't included in your paperwork
It then goes on to "mediation", where me, my roommate, my lawyer, the Scamlord, and Scamlord's lawyer meet in a room with a deputy judge. We lay shit out on the table and he makes us an offer (if the deputy judge rules in our favour, which she most likely will). We're looking for $2,500, but the deputy judge will probably want to go half of that and offer us $2,200 which is fine.

If we deny this offer, it gets taken to court and becomes a long, expensive progress. The thing about going to court is that it could result in us getting our full $2,500 but then some of that goes to court fees
If we lose, then we don't get $$ and we need to pay for his court fees.

Our plan is to accept the offer (if it's high enough) in "Mediation"

This is where I am again confused as to why you talk a lot about him wanting to sell the house.  If you are willing to accept an out of court settlement if it's enough money, why bitch and moan about him selling the house and insisting that you are going to get a 'lean', then a 'lien' after you learned how to spell it, then a 'stay' after you learned you weren't getting a lien.  Why give any fucks about the house in the first place if you're only after the money?

This is where I am again confused as to why you talk a lot about him wanting to sell the house.  If you are willing to accept an out of court settlement if it's enough money, why bitch and moan about him selling the house and insisting that you are going to get a 'lean', then a 'lien' after you learned how to spell it, then a 'stay' after you learned you weren't getting a lien.  Why give any fucks about the house in the first place if you're only after the money?

While he was working on the house he left some of his dildos there. He's trying to stall people moving in so he'll have a chance to get them back

I'm sorry I wasn't aware that this is your private blog. Seriously what do you mean by this. My post was completely on topic. 

It's not like he could use Twitter, Tumbler, Facebook or even LiveJournal for that because!  ...Because...!  ...Yeah, I dunno why he's using this forum as his personal blog where all he's learning is that no one respects him.

...Also, why did you post in Comic Sans?  That makes you a bad person.  Comic Sans is bad.  Don't make me go First Amendment on your ass!

Edited by AshleyAshes

It's not like he could use Twitter, Tumbler, Facebook or even LiveJournal for that because!  ...Because...!  ...Yeah, I dunno why he's using this forum as his personal blog where all he's learning is that no one respects him.

In most forum communities this would be considered spam and board culture wise it is usually frowned on. This thread has reached 5 pages of mostly bitching and shitposting. In other @Gamedog why don't you make a new thread when something of actual importance happens? Like when you actually settle or go to court. That would be a thread worthy topic.

...Also, why did you post in Comic Sans?  That makes you a bad person.

He was being so ridiculous that if I had to get on his level I might as well commit and go all the way. 

no talking about dildos

dont make me get the belt

I'm sorry, "wands". 

In most forum communities this would be considered spam and board culture wise it is usually frowned on. This thread has reached 5 pages of mostly bitching and shitposting. In other @Gamedog why don't you make a new thread when something of actual importance happens? Like when you actually settle or go to court. That would be a thread worthy topic.

He was being so ridiculous that if I had to get on his level I might as well commit and go all the way. 

And another one bites the dust.

http://screenshu.com/static/uploads/temporary/7k/2i/ik/tzeb11.jpg

1) I kinda think he brings it here because he doesn't have any friends in real life to talk to this stuff about. =X  Like, I'm not even being mean, I seriously think this is the case.

2) God damnit, that is NOT a valid excuse to Comic Sans.  Comic Sans, Not Even Once. :/

And another one bites the dust.

tzeb11.jpg

$20 says he ignored you, took a screen shot, posted it so he could feel superior, and then immediately unignored you because he can't stand to not know what people are posting about him.

Also, Ashley, I didn't take you for the pulling pigtails kind of girl but you seriously need to get off his dick. It's not cute, it's desperate. Just sayin. You can get attention from people by just being a decent human every once and a while, I know it's hard to learn but it's fun once you get it down. 

• Like 4