M-Preg may soon be a reality

DevilishlyHandsome49

Every day we drift further from Gods light...

Ya' ever stop to think? That you can't actually drift from something that's omnipresent? All you can do is put on more fig leaves and pretend all is not already known. It's your awareness that drifts, it's called cognitive dissonance. Take off the fig leaves and you'll realize you never left. 

Obligatory : Has science gone too far?

Really. This shit is scary.

People say that with a lot of things though.

Preventing the ability for people to be fertile or to accidentally have children may have been considered "too far" once...

There can be a too far, but there can also be a "We're too afraid to advance methods in health and living because it's different and strange even though it'll help a lot of people out"

Maybe it's just me but that really sounds sexist.

Sounds more like a personal opinion on the matter to me, rather than one to be shared on the issue as a whole

OT: haha, and tbh to weigh in on scientific advancement, I would've thought external artificial wombs would have been invented first before we began mpreg...imagine people being able to birth children without the hassle taking off from work (unless they wanted an excuse off), the aches and pains of childbearing, and the eventual surgeries or birthing...

But I guess people really just want to take it a step at a time, being raised in any human at all probably seems more natural than an external one.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Actually, no, this is a horrible idea. There are plenty of children in this world that need families and care who deserve to get adopted. Male pregnancy would just add to overpopulation.

The problem with adoption is that there's so much red tape, and even more for gay couples who wish to adopt someone in the US orphanages.  I really do not see a problem, with it, with the exception that if a Trans woman may get a uterus that it could actually cause damage to their hips. 

Every day we drift further from Gods light...

God is dead. Man kills god, and man makes other men pregnant. 

Edited by Zeke
  • Like 1

You guys realize that this particular technology isn't meant to enable the continuation of one's own bloodline, right? The article states that the uteris wont be hooked up to fallopian tubes, meaning the egg would have to come from a donor. The article also mentions the uterus being "ephemeral" and that it only lasts for several pregnancies.

I mean, if research continues on its current trajectory, we should be able to grow reproductive organs for transplant at some point. Just not in 5 years.

• Like 1

Yes I realize that. Jeez all I was thinking was that we should push for the ability to regenerate reproductive organs.

We should push for the ability to regenerate all of our organs, in fact. That way we can spend more time learning how to make effective, comfortable cybernetics to hold us over until we can merge our minds with machines.

You ought to learn to understand how much that can affect some people when it comes to self-consciousness.

And what about the unwanted kids already alive, what about their self feels? You don't think they'll feel worse than self-conscious growing up without a home of their own their entire life? An adult who can't make babies but wants science to make that happen is prioritized over the kids who exist in your argument and that bothers me a lot. You're not even considering them at all in any of your posts, at least the rest of us seem to acknowledge that it's one of those things that sucks in many ways because someone gets left behind regardless, even if we do lean towards wanting the kids who exist already to be put first.

Wow you're good at missing the point and putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say I'm ok with people abandoning kids in the first place, but at least I'm not like you and am ok with then ignoring those kids just so adults can mess with science.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 9:18 PM, Half-Note said:

EXACTLY! There is no need for such a miscreation on my perfectly natural body (if not accounting for all the hazardous conservatives given the excessive fast-food intake.

Nobody said /you/ had to...but are you saying others, specifically women or even men, cannot modify their own bodies for the purposebof reproduction?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I dont recall the last time someone in real life actually called someone "xir/xee" and then got bitch insane when you said what your gender really was

Then... There is still time...

Wolf. Wov to me that you will never have children. Keep them from this... This mad world... Of homogenders and weird science defying nature.

23 minutes ago, Half-Note said:

Then... There is still time...

Wolf. Wov to me that you will never have children. Keep them from this... This mad world... Of homogenders and weird science defying nature.

Nein! The children must suffer like the rest of us in this chaotic world! Carpe diem, motherf*cker!

On 07/12/2015 at 3:26 PM, Clove Darkwave said:

I'm sorry my set of deities take priority over yours.

I dont have any, this Left Leg of Exodia yu-gi-oh card is the only magical imaginary deity i need :V
Also still think this concept is ridiculous, YOU DONT NEED TO GIVE BIRTH TO BE A PARENT, there are such things called dads ya know, any of these males considering that could be one by adopting or in vitro or whatever surrogate pregnancies and other such craziness, the only reason would be MUH PRIVILEGE.