RNGsus and Bugs

PadrinGaledeep

55 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I remember when I was playing the Fire Emblem Awakening demo for the first time, the boss in the first chapter got a critical hit and made me lose. I lost in the tutorial! And I'm an experienced Fire Emblem player!

To be fair thats just fire emblem in a nutshell being a game that is naturally dickish to the player.

For me its when playing X-COM Enemy Within, I had a 99% chance to hit, I miss. The Alien has a 3% chance to hit because I'm in really good cover, the alien gets a critical hit and kills my soldier instantly, no down period were I could have stabilised him.

Edited by Naesaki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zytan said:

World of Warcraft, Tempest Keep... helped my friend kill Kael'Thas 8 times a week to get a friggin 0.04% drop rate mount.  It took 3 years.

First time the guild I was in did that place, it dropped first go and the guild leader forgot to set the master loot settings so it went to one of the randomers we had to pull in and well they took it and ran ofc

1 minute ago, Naesaki said:

First time the guild I was in did that place, it dropped first go and the guild leader forgot to set the master loot settings so it went to one of the randomers we had to pull in and well they took it and ran ofc

Was this when it was the current raid?  And I know the feeling, Drake of the West(East?) Wind dropped and the friggin afk tank at the start got it

Just now, Zytan said:

Was this when it was the current raid?  And I know the feeling, Drake of the West(East?) Wind dropped and the friggin afk tank at the start got it

It was a couple years later when the whole thing was a cake walk but we never saw it drop again.

Just now, Zytan said:

Ugh... you'd've probably ended up having to do what I did at the sounds of it

Honestly not long after that my friends went through the magical phase of "Ugh this game is shit why did I come back!?" so they all quit and left me alone.

Shame on me, chalked it up to it happens.

We play FF XIV together I love it, then the pvp gets introduced they hate it and say its dumb and that the end game is meh so the quit and leave me once again, Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me..

So I have more RNGsus with my friends than anything xD will they or will they won't quit for benign reasons.

9 minutes ago, Naesaki said:

Honestly not long after that my friends went through the magical phase of "Ugh this game is shit why did I come back!?" so they all quit and left me alone.

Shame on me, chalked it up to it happens.

We play FF XIV together I love it, then the pvp gets introduced they hate it and say its dumb and that the end game is meh so the quit and leave me once again, Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me..

So I have more RNGsus with my friends than anything xD will they or will they won't quit for benign reasons.

I think that's probably the main reason I've given up on MMOs.  I know I could get by in them but I've got too many commitments so it'd feel like another slot on my uni timetable for a raid as opposed to the happy days of coming home from school and no-lifing a game, why I collected every orb in Crackdown 2 and every puppet piece in Klonoa 2 I'll never know.

Has FF XIV got a nearly invincible dragon that's not supposed to die?  I recall one game had a boss that nearly died once and the game moderators intentionally crashed the server to stop it.

5 minutes ago, Zytan said:

I think that's probably the main reason I've given up on MMOs.  I know I could get by in them but I've got too many commitments so it'd feel like another slot on my uni timetable for a raid as opposed to the happy days of coming home from school and no-lifing a game, why I collected every orb in Crackdown 2 and every puppet piece in Klonoa 2 I'll never know.

Has FF XIV got a nearly invincible dragon that's not supposed to die?  I recall one game had a boss that nearly died once and the game moderators intentionally crashed the server to stop it.

I remember the boss in FF XI that was meant to be unwinnable by design, called Absolute Virtue, any time any raid came close to actually coming up with a way to beat it the mods would reset the bosses health or let it instantly wipe everyone out and would also sometimes ban the entire party from the game for "finding exploits" in the fight.

Just now, Naesaki said:

I remember the boss in FF XI that was meant to be unwinnable by design, called Absolute Virtue, any time any raid came close to actually coming up with a way to beat it the mods would reset the bosses health or let it instantly wipe everyone out and would also sometimes ban the entire party from the game for "finding exploits" in the fight.

Ah yes, that's the one I'm thinking of xD Why they didn't just give it an invincibility buff is beyond me, banning paying subscribers... very smrt.

2 hours ago, Naesaki said:

I just have the worst luck in the fight at the end of XIII-2 with Chaos Bahamut. Then my hard drive was wiped. So I haven't ever beaten it. Similar thing happened with XIII. Got to Sazh's Eidolon, couldn't get past it, put it down and never came back to it. And lost the data to it as well.

6 hours ago, 6tails said:

RNGesus rape? Four words: The Binding of Isaac.

This. I see videos of all these really cool runs in which they get ridiculously OP synergies like Monstro's Lung + Polyphemus + Chocolate Milk + Magic Mushroom. And what do I get? Ludovico, nothing that synergizes with it and beans. Yaaaaaay... I have a hard time getting past the first Mom fight because I always get really shitty items! And because I get shitty I items I tend to take a ton of damage because it takes forever to clear rooms, so I don't get any devil deals and can't get through any of the challenge rooms.

I just want Brimstone for once... Or Mom's Knife... .__.

14 hours ago, 6tails said:

Ludovico + Brimstone is fucking nuts.

Ludovico is a great item in general as long as you find something that synergizes with it really well. If that doesn't happen you are boned because it sucks on its own. 

Ludovico with shielded tears is pretty amazing as well.

I want to play with Brimstone + Epic Fetus... 

Just about every session of Dwarf Fortress will end with RNGsus destroying you. Dwarves are unpredictable, drunken bastards with the temper of an angry German imperialist placed in a room full of Hungarians. Someone is bound to whip out an ax and destroy your fortress before you can even realize what's going on.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kaedal said:

Just about every session of Dwarf Fortress will end with RNGsus destroying you. Dwarves are unpredictable, drunken bastards with the temper of an angry German imperialist placed in a room full of Hungarians. Someone is bound to whip out an ax and destroy your fortress before you can even realize what's going on.

I don't think they would be true dwarves if they acted otherwise lol

RNGsus hates me in any game that it can possibly appear in, even in the smallest of forms. I can't really think of any particular examples of it being especially rude, just constantly rude in all places.

The aforementioned X-COM is a good example I suppose. I ragequit that game half way through because it was just way too irritating to continue. NPCs could hit me with 10% chance or less to and even get crits while I struggled to hit with 90%+... What kinda bullshit is that, RNGsus?