Win 7 ISO file

Foxxy

Well I have another com and I want to install win 7 in it.

problem: the dvd burner wont open and I try to open it with a pin in the small hole, but not working.

Other problem: I download two software, ImgBurn to make the ISO and Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool to put it on a USB key, but when I want to use that ISO the windows software tell me that its not a valid ISO file.

I went to this site http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool   I went to this site for help, but got an runtime error.

Iso problem.jpg

Iso problem -2.jpg

iso problem -3.jpg

ISo problem -4.jpg

So what I'm suppose to do? the DVD reader wont read any dick. I try my DVD of win 7 but it wont read. The DVD reader stuff is broken. (this com) use a SATA DVD reader, the other com use a IDE.

Is there a way to change the bios to make it boot from a usb key?

Well the bios call it "removable" normally the first boot is the DVD, not I tell it to use the "removable" and it seem the USB key was detected I have seen the light on it telling me that it was read. But when I reboot "CTRL+ALT+DELETE+ I get no result. It wont boot :(

56 minutes ago, Onnes said:

Whats the motherboard or system model?

Its a ADM, well I don't have much info on it since its from someone who format the HD before giving it up.

My cd key is locked to this com only because its a refurbish com and the win 7 in it is for that only. I will have to contact the place I buy it to know what I can do?

I hate not having money :(

30 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

On a side note, while it may not be the case here, but most BIOSs can't boot off any of their USB3 ports since they rely on an external controller so you'd have to use a USB2 port.  Rather recent chipsets do not have this limitation.

It not a recent com, and I don,t know if the port in the back are USB2 or 3. There are two on the front and I can't tell if its 2 or 3 :(

I will check to see what's in it, beside a 160 gig SATA HD, it run on 32 bits, not sure of the ram. 

11 minutes ago, Foxxy said:

ImgBurn is the problem, I use another software that use the ISO to install it on the key, but that ISO is not valid.

So I need another program that make ISO.

Are you making the ISO yourself from a CD? If so, you'd eliminate at least one branch of possible errors by downloading a known working ISO and then using that instead; see 6tails' reply. (I can't remember whether you can get the Windows 7 ISOs directly from Microsoft of if those need to be acquired elsewhere.)

Edited by Onnes

5 minutes ago, 6tails said:

USB Standard specifies that USB3 ports be colored 300C Pantone blue. USB 1 and 2 ports are white and black. Teal is 3.1. Yellow, orange, red are power only ports.

Your BIOS might have a separate menu for managing removable media that is attached. You might find a boot order option there if it exists.

Unless I'm missing something, they cannot so much as write the ISO to a stick. Doesn't matter if the other computer is going to even think about supporting USB as a boot method if there's nothing on the drive... Bad image.

Edited by Wrecker

I don't understand the difficulty in getting the ISO.  Didn't even Microsoft host ISO downloads?  I've had no issue googling up direct downloads of Windows 7 ISOs in the past.  It's not like it's piracy if one has the legit key.

Edit: I found a non-MS download location on the first page of Google results.  However I'm not going to post it, while this isn't piracy, not sure how the mods would like to interpret it.

Edited by AshleyAshes

This is the message I get when I wanted to download a ISO for win 7 from Microsoft. 

it mean that the product key is made for a pre made computer and that if I want to like re use that key I must contact the shop who made the computer.

Its a windows version made for refurbish computer, so I can't install it on another computer.

beside the computer might be too old to be able to boot from a USB driver.

I will call to get a use IDE DVD reader. Don't know how much it is tough, so I will have to wait until I have money :(

win 7 key.jpg

14 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I don't understand the difficulty in getting the ISO.  Didn't even Microsoft host ISO downloads?  I've had no issue googling up direct downloads of Windows 7 ISOs in the past.  It's not like it's piracy if one has the legit key.

Edit: I found a non-MS download location on the first page of Google results.  However I'm not going to post it, while this isn't piracy, not sure how the mods would like to interpret it.

Windows images in bootable format used to be available through their distributor Digital River as a free download. That's not the deal anymore, and they now require a valid product key.

The bottom line is, if the program that you're using to write the image to a USB stick is saying the image is invalid, then there's something up with it.

If you have a legitimate release of W7 with a valid product key, then use it. If you can't find it, then use https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Don't forget to deselect the junk Yahoo and AD-Aware bullshit when you're installing it... It works, though.

Edited by Wrecker

There were Semprons that could only handle 32 bit instructions, and others that could handle 64 bit instructions... I wonder if that might be the issue.

Try out a 32 bit release of Windows 7 if you haven't already. I'm not entirely sure if it it will help you to write an image to disk, but I do know that a 32 bit processor will not know what the fuck is going on if it tries to handle anything beyond its instruction set.

Edited by Wrecker

Ugh, you computer noobs are infuriating at times. 

First, what you need to do is make your thumbstick bootable (google it).

Then, all you need to do is copy the contents of the Windows DVD to it.

Then, load your thumbstick at boot and install Windows like you would if you were using a DVD. 

You're welcome...

29 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Ugh, you computer noobs are infuriating at times. 

First, what you need to do is make your thumbstick bootable (google it).

Then, all you need to do is copy the contents of the Windows DVD to it.

Then, load your thumbstick at boot and install Windows like you would if you were using a DVD. 

You're welcome...

You haven't paid a pile of attention to the topic have you, fucking genious?

4 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

You haven't paid a pile of attention to the topic have you, fucking genious?

Admittedly I skipped over everything else but the gist of it was 'I can't install Windows this way' so I offered an alternative. My way works, too, done it before. 

Edited by Mr. Fox

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

That shouldn't stop an ISO from being written to a USB drive, though.

I thought not, but I'm getting lost with what's going on in the OP here.

I gotta post here sober sometime.

Find a new image, OP.

And Mr. Fox, like fuck writing to FAT32 is going to save the day.