New Couch! (Happy Couchmas!)

AshleyAshes

I got a new couch!  I had a couch before, some stupid Ikea thing that was only comfortable for a couple of hours before you got tired of it and it wasn't the kind of couch you could take a nap on.  I have a lot of fond memories from when I was younger of just chilling on the couch and the Ikea couch was just 'okayish' and didn't really allow that.  I'd been planning to buy a new one with my massive tax return in march but since I've been working batshit crazy 60-70hr weeks I made more than enough money to buy a new one, paid in full, on Friday and it was delivered today.

This isn't just a 'thing' of course, I have movie nights and game nights with friends and having a nice big couch really improves that and I can even seat more people.  So what I bought was a big sectional and it leaves my livingroom at roughly 45% couch more or less.  I'm so happy. :3  ...This expensive thing had better last me 8-10 years or I'll burn down the furniture store. D:

Happy Couchmas!

Before:

567a06da558da_NewLR2.thumb.jpg.ec68352ae

After:

Untitled_Panorama3.thumb.jpg.78fa461be68

Edited by AshleyAshes

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I didn't think the trolling would start this fast. 

My only criticism is the area around the TV looks like it could use a few passes with the swiffer. 

New couch looks good. 

Where did you get it from? 

Leon's, they had a big show room downtown by the CN Tower. I'd actually seen this couch first when visiting the Aquarium in the summer and adored it but the financial situation didn't really work out then.  They really wanted to pitch me protective upgrades and financing but I just put it on my bank card.

As for the other clutter, yeah.  Honestly, we moved a lot of stuff out of the way last night to make room, so a lot of stuff was piled 'out of the way' on the entertainment unit, desk, and also kitchen table.  Still sorting it through.  This is also why the coffee table badly needs a dusting.  I just need the time to clean up proper.

I'm enjoying just sitting with my legs not going over the end of the couch while watching Scrubs finally. ^.^

1 minute ago, Mr. Fox said:

I bet the last one had pee all over it.

Yeah, no, I actually take care of my things.  The only problem with the old couch was that it was from Ikea. :P

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Leon's, they had a big show room downtown by the CN Tower. I'd actually seen this couch first when visiting the Aquarium in the summer and adored it but the financial situation didn't really work out then.  They really wanted to pitch me protective upgrades and financing but I just put it on my bank card.

As for the other clutter, yeah.  Honestly, we moved a lot of stuff out of the way last night to make room, so a lot of stuff was piled 'out of the way' on the entertainment unit, desk, and also kitchen table.  Still sorting it through.  This is also why the coffee table badly needs a dusting.  I just need the time to clean up proper.

I'm enjoying just sitting with my legs not going over the end of the couch while watching Scrubs finally. ^.^

If the frame is solid and they used good quality foam the couch should last at least ten years. 

I bought my couch at EQ3 at least five or six years ago. As comfy as the day I bought it. Made in Canada with high quality foam.

Maybe buy a can of scotch guard and spray the whole couch?

You know next time you have people over for video games someone is going to spill a drink on it. 

Cuz that's what happens when you get a new couch.

If it gets stained right away you will cry. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

You know next time you have people over for video games someone is going to spill a drink on it. 

Cuz that's what happens when you get a new couch.

If it gets stained right away you will cry. 

And then I'll have to wash out all that blood after I kill them too. D:

I'm pretty happy with this overall though, it improves my ability to host and entertain my friends or to relax alone in, which is really what a living room is all about. :3

I'll need to have some friends over for a movie again soon or some split screen gaming joy.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

And then I'll have to wash out all that blood after I kill them too. D:

I'm pretty happy with this overall though, it improves my ability to host and entertain my friends or to relax alone in, which is really what a living room is all about. :3

I'll need to have some friends over for a movie again soon or some split screen gaming joy.

I'd be down with for a movie or games on the new couch. You've got to break it in.

You need a sign that says no food, drinks, or yiffing on the couch.

Most stains are not that bad to get out. The worst things are coffee, chocolate, blood, and non-permanent hair dye. 

Some people use the cheap dye and when they put their head on the couch it leaves colour behind that's really hard to get out. 

10 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

IKEA makes nice storage and other stuff, but I'd say that their seating leaves much to be desired.

I agree. Their couches are horrible. Totally uncomfortable. 

Some of my friends have Ikea couches. I refuse to sit on the couches and grab a chair from the dining room instead. 

You have to be selective with what you pick in Ikea. Some stuff is great. A lot of it is crappy. 

14 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I agree. Their couches are horrible. Totally uncomfortable. 

Some of my friends have Ikea couches. I refuse to sit on the couches and grab a chair from the dining room instead. 

You have to be selective with what you pick in Ikea. Some stuff is great. A lot of it is crappy. 

Yeah, I'd say that Ikea is like 90% awesome but that other 10% is not so great stuff.  However, that stuff is usually seating, bedding, and some of the most expensive stuff, but it's still far cheaper than higher end furniture, so you're getting what you pay for.  Obviously Ikea isn't about large pieces like what I bought.

But my god, there's nothing much better than a nice Expedit/Kallax. :3

Just now, AlexInsane said:

70 hours a week? God, what do you DO? Are you an EMT or what? 

I work at a company that converts movies to 3D.  Sometimes deadlines loom and we start throwing all  hands on deck at certain projects.  I have about two more weeks of 12hr days coming up and then I should be back to relaxing 8s. :3