Gift Receipts or Re-gifting

#00Buck

Anyone get any gifts that they will be exchanging for a refund or store credit?

My sweetie's family has known me for over a decade now. 

They buy stuff for me and I have no idea why they think I would like any of it.

Gift receipt to the rescue!

I'm also going to re-gift a few things I got that didn't come with a receipt. 

I got nothing.

I am very upset about it. This is the first year I got nothing... Just imagine my Christmas morning. All lone in the house, with no one around, no family, friends, and nothing is under the tree.

So I'll take it back and exchange it for a car!

41 minutes ago, Recel said:

I got nothing.

I am very upset about it. This is the first year I got nothing... Just imagine my Christmas morning. All lone in the house, with no one around, no family, friends, and nothing is under the tree.

So I'll take it back and exchange it for a car!

Not so bad. At least nothing bad happened. 

It could have been far worse.

The tree could have caught on fire and burned you to death in your sleep. 

My parents told me they had the receipt on hand incase I hated one of my presents, it was super weird, I've never seen them do this before and I'm like 'WTF could be in this that would make them be upfront with an offer to return this?'  ...Attack On Titan Vol 1-4 manga box set.  And I'm like 'Kewl!'.  ...Also, since when does MANGA come in box sets?

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

My parents told me they had the receipt on hand incase I hated one of my presents, it was super weird, I've never seen them do this before and I'm like 'WTF could be in this that would make them be upfront with an offer to return this?'  ...Attack On Titan Vol 1-4 manga box set.  And I'm like 'Kewl!'.  ...Also, since when does MANGA come in box sets?

1451062478650.jpg.7daffc7db1f7aeaf14a74b

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Considering how a lot of mangas have dozens of volumes, it would make sense to have them in easier to buy format. Also, see Scott Pilgrim, another series where you can buy one great box set.

15 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Considering how a lot of mangas have dozens of volumes, it would make sense to have them in easier to buy format. Also, see Scott Pilgrim, another series where you can buy one great box set.

Seems a bit silly to put 1-4 in a box when there's like, what 16 total now?  But ehn, I don't get a lost of physical media these days.  Still, super weird to be told I could return something before I even opened it and then also to be like 'No, this is cool actually'

i could never regift or return a present... that's crazy to me, it's something that somebody gave to you for absolutely fuck all while they were thinking of you...

really though, my favourite thing is cards with nice and thoughtful stuff written in them. i've got year's worth of a collection christmas cards and stuff like that.

Edited by Wrecker

20 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

i could never regift or return a present... that's crazy to me, it's something that somebody gave to you for absolutely fuck all while they were thinking of you...

really though, my favourite thing is cards with nice and thoughtful stuff written in them. i've got year's worth of a collection christmas cards and stuff like that.

I used to be like that but as I got older I joined the gift bandwagon. Since I had no money, I started regifting some items I no longer used so they could be appreciated. Bringing items back to the store is just meh (unless it's a dupe or wrong size). 

I do think I have a lot of my old cards though. It's nice but kind of sad to reread some of them.

4 hours ago, Wrecker said:

Someone gave me the wrong size sweater. 

I'm supposed to keep a sweater I can't wear? That's stupid. 

You take it back and exchange it for the correct size.

17 hours ago, #00Buck said:

No. I got lots of good stuff. 

I got one sweater that was the wrong size. 

You're still out to lunch to suggest people shouldn't exchange gifts especially if they are the wrong size. 

i got a hoodie that doesn't fit and a bunch of cards. i'm keeping all of them.