La Justice n'est plus!

KookyFox

I don't know if any of you guys have been following the french news but here's a little reminder of wha was happening:

Right as the start of the Paris attacks, our president, François Hollande, declared "L'Etat d'Urgence" i.e. "The state of Emergency" ... A special set of "super laws" that allow for a quicker response by the police in case of a national emergency (by basically giving a lot of shortcuts to the constitution, allowing for the application of new temporary securitarian measures). This state litterally lifts some prerogatives to justice and is MADE to limit freedom by it's official definition.

The government then made use of several constitution quirks to prolong the emergency state over and over again (we are still in it.. and I frankly don't know for how long), and also started modifying the constitution itself, so it would include the emergency state and it's prolongation.

The official statement is that we are at war, and being attacked by terrorists and that this is used to prevent terrorist attacks... the reality is MUCH different.

One of the shortcuts is that now police can detain an indivual with no limit of time, if they estimate (with no proof or paperwork needed) that this person is a terrorist, or is a general threat to public safety. NEVER has this yet been used properly!

Another one is that an individual can be assigned to it's residence, under the same conditions as above. this was used once, against people protesting against COP21 (the climate summit), those people were NOT a threat to public safety.

But today I saw this video (it's on facebook unfortunately):

This man was getting home from work, when he saw his door bust open, the whole of his appartment destructively searched, while he was away. You can clearly see the mess that was made, they even emptied flour packets, and broke the tiles under his bath tub.

He then found a note in his mailbox, written on his own paper that he uses to take orders at his job, stating that his appartment was searched by the local police station as part of an investigation on his supected "terrorist activities" (with no more precision on that). This man's iPad is also missing, maybe it has been pillaged after the search or stolen by the police themselves...
Most insurances do not cover property damage in case of police search for terrorist activities as far as I'm aware, so this man may just have lost everything to Police abuse!

Turns out he is not the only one in that case, the last months or so I have seen many cases of people posting videos VLOGs of their appartment being wreck by the police under a "search" pretext, always while they were away.
It also turns out that majority of those whom suffered through this are absolutely no terrorists! They usually just are people who criticize those abuses, and denounce the exceedingly securitarian regime that is being enforced upon us.

So yeah.. I might end up being searched and my stuff wrecked for posting and sharing this.. who knows? One thing is for sure, la Justice n'est plus, Justice is no more...

28 minutes ago, Saxon said:

On the other hand, when the state of emergency ends and the next terror attack inevitably happens, people will be asking 'why did they not search their appartments?'. 

I really don't know what the solution is.

We already were in the Vigipirate plan when the attacks happened, and our secret services already had the right to spy on everyone, at any time. Also according to that plan there were armed infantry patrols in the streets and in public places (that does include the stadium), and the police were all also armed with submachien guns and wearing body armor... that stopped nothing!

And I'm not even mentioning the official statement that dropped in the news a few weeks after that state that the state of emergency was already being discussed at the ministery coucil BEFORE the attacks even happened. François Gave his approbation, by telephone, from the stadium, as he was being evacuated. Strangely all the news arcticle relaying that officail statement got removed one by one, and when I try to get back to those through my history I just get 404s ...

I will add to that that government conspiracy can strongly considered. We have a big history with those, with this nice example:

In april 1961, the state of emergency was proclaimed, as FLN terrorist attacks were being carried against the police in france since 1958. The state of emergency was proclaimed by De Gaulle's government in response to the generals' putsch in Alger.

Later that year, on the 17th of october 28 to 60 (that's how little they cared) algerian protestors were massacred by the police in Paris, as they were violating a curfew solely imposed to North-Africans in a peaceful protest.

France's history is full of crooked plots and coups d'état (I mean you use the french expression in english xD), with many inocents dying in the process.

As of right now though, I care very little about the cause of the attacks, it doesn't not justify the misuse of antiterrorist means against obviously innocent citizens.

Edited by KookyFox

That's exactly what happened in Germany 2 times already and took off to a level that caused a world wide war NOT AGAINST TERRORISTS. After all that happened, you'd think people would be a bit smarter or at least less fucking brain-shit. Obviously not. 

You always have a home here anyways if things get uncontrolled. They probably.... hopefully won't though

31 minutes ago, KookyFox said:

We already were in the Vigipirate plan when the attacks happened, and our secret services already had the right to spy on everyone, at any time. Also according to that plan there were armed infantry patrols in the streets and in public places (that does include the stadium), and the police were all also armed with submachien guns and wearing body armor... that stopped nothing!

And I'm not even mentioning the official statement that dropped in the news a few weeks after that state that the state of emergency was already being discussed at the ministery coucil BEFORE the attacks even happened. François Gave his approbation, by telephone, from the stadium, as he was being evacuated. Strangely all the news arcticle relaying that officail statement got removed one by one, and when I try to get back to those through my history I just get 404s ...

I will add to that that government conspiracy can strongly considered. We have a big history with those, with this nice example:

In april 1961, the state of emergency was proclaimed, as FLN terrorist attacks were being carried against the police in france since 1958. The state of emergency was proclaimed by De Gaulle's government in response to the generals' putsch in Alger.

Later that year, on the 17th of october 28 to 60 (that's how little they cared) algerian protestors were massacred by the police in Paris, as they were violating a curfew solely imposed to North-Africans in a peaceful protest.

France's history is full of crooked plots and coups d'état (I mean you use the french expression in english xD), with many inocents dying in the process.

As of right now though, I care very little about the cause of the attacks, it doesn't not justify the misuse of antiterrorist means against obviously innocent citizens.

My dad used to tell me that the french government was a bit cloak-and-dagger; that people would go 'missing' or fall down the stairs if they criticised the wrong person. 

That's exactly what happened in Germany 2 times already and took off to a level that caused a world wide war NOT AGAINST TERRORISTS. After all that happened, you'd think people would be a bit smarter or at least less fucking brain-shit. Obviously not. 

You always have a home here anyways if things get uncontrolled. They probably.... hopefully won't though

...ehh I'm not sure this is comparable to the onset of the world wars. 

Edited by Saxon

9 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

National instability gives cause to furthering a police state. Of course Germany wants to let in Syrian refugees and not Ukrainians.

I think that might be because the Ukrainian war was local to small pieces of southern and eastern Ukraine, so displaced Ukrainians didn't have to leave Ukraine all together. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gibby said:

you mean like how the syrians didnt necessarily have to leave the arab world

I don't think Germany is deliberately destabilising itself.

I think that the resettlement of Syrian refugees has failed in the Arab world because other Arab countries are either being snooty, and not letting them in, or are too close to preclude incursions from ISIS operatives, such as those which have occurred in Turkey. I think a lot of those Syrian refugees decided that, since the situation in their own area is so horrible, that they would try to make it to Europe, because the standards of living are so much better. 

Germany then happens to be on the short-end of this, because they're the wealthiest country in Europe. Germany probably didn't want any of this. 

5 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I don't think Germany is deliberately destabilising itself. [...] Germany probably didn't want any of this. 

If this reflected the will of the german people, this would never happened at all, I think. Representative system etc etc

Edited by Sir Gibby

2 hours ago, KookyFox said:

We need to surrender our values to protect our values! :V

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This forum is turning into a prime source for tips on committing robberies.

He also could have robbed himself, blamed the police, and filed an insurance claim.

He keeps all his stuff and gets an insurance settlement equal to all the stuff he already has. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

He also could have robbed himself, blamed the police, and filed an insurance claim.

He keeps all his stuff and gets an insurance settlement equal to all the stuff he already has. 

Nah, insurance wouldn't cover loss of property in a police raid as 'theft', they'd just laugh and be all 'You get nothing, but remember to keep making those monthly payments!'.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Nah, insurance wouldn't cover loss of property in a police raid as 'theft', they'd just laugh and be all 'You get nothing, but remember to keep making those monthly payments!'.

You never know. It is France. Things don't have to make sense there. 

6 hours ago, #00Buck said:

How does he know the police did it?

It could be normal robbers who just left a fake note so he would blame the police who would then deny it. 

In the video he says he called the police station, that confirmed it.

Also as a person who has lived in the most robbed city in France I can assure you that using sucha method for robbing would be dumb (it's very loud, you touch everything, you stay in there for long). A burglar also studies his victim's wealth before taking in action. In that case the man is a very bad target! Plus he lives in an appartment, and robbing an appartment without getting caught is a lot harder than a house.

7 hours ago, KookyFox said:

In the video he says he called the police station, that confirmed it.

Also as a person who has lived in the most robbed city in France I can assure you that using sucha method for robbing would be dumb (it's very loud, you touch everything, you stay in there for long). A burglar also studies his victim's wealth before taking in action. In that case the man is a very bad target! Plus he lives in an appartment, and robbing an appartment without getting caught is a lot harder than a house.

Because robbers who break into places and steal are all smart?

Most criminals seem pretty stupid to me.

2 hours ago, 6tails said:

French Insurance Law has an explicit limitation when it comes to police raids. Zero insurance coverage.

So this guy would be well beyond stupid to go this route.

Yes and as I said, the police did confirm the search to him, so the guy isn't faking anything