It's Pink! <3

AshleyAshes

I've been musing 'splitting' my bedroom combination HTPC and server into two separate machines.  One big black server but another cuter system suitable for my bedroom.  So I hit up google and find some pastel pink machines I hated but one was hot pink.  The Aerocool DeepSilence Cube Pink Edition.  ...And it's NOT sold in that color in North America.  Lots of other colors for NA, but Pink is exclusively for Europe and Asia.

...So $80 in shipping from the United Kingdom via an Air Canada 777-300ER flight from Heathrow and guess what's being delivered early this week. :3  Oh god, it's so pretty!  I'm going to redo the PSU with pink and black decals and sheath the cables with pink too! <3 <3 <3

(Related: It was apparently shipped via a company who's tracking info tells me what FLIGHT NUMBER the package took.  Weird, right?)

AERO-EN52551-lrg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been super lazy and made zero effort to color the interior components, but it is assembled and going into service as an HTPC/Steam Machine today.

For those curious about specs:
Intel i5 4590 (3.3ghz, Quad Core)
Asus B85-M 2.0 motherboard
8GB RAM
Radeon HD 6950 1GB

The nice thing about this case is that actually does have room for any length GPU if you remove the external 5.25" and 3.5" bays which pop out with just a few screws.  Remove those and even a Titan-X will happily fit in here.

IMG_0221.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

The nice thing about this case is that actually does have room for any length GPU if you remove the external 5.25" and 3.5" bays which pop out with just a few screws.  Remove those and even a Titan-X will happily fit in here.

Good to know. I've been looking for a nicely styled case that will fit a GTX 980.

4 hours ago, Xaende said:

Good to know. I've been looking for a nicely styled case that will fit a GTX 980.

Yeah, so long as you don't want to add anything that would need external 5.25 or 3.5 bays, you can remove the bays with only four screws and from there it can take GPUs up to 320mm, which as I understand it, is as long as any GPU can come in.  It still has two additional internal 3.5" bays and two internal 2.5" bays for hard drives.