Any 40k players?

FlynnCoyote

I used to play it back in high school.  I really enjoyed the actual tactical miniatures game part of it, but absolutely hated the modeling and the idea of painting the models.  I never even got around to painting the army that I had.  Also dear god was it a fucking money sink of a hobby.  All said there are a lot of miniatures games out there that seem very interesting to play, but I could never get past the sheer expense and time the hobby takes.

6 hours ago, #00Buck said:

I used to play that when it first came out.

Now I find the whole thing obnoxious. 

I'd rather hang out at a bey blade tournament. 

I have not been to a tournament in years because of this. Hyper competitive geeks do not make for a good time. Only games I have now are at home with friends who know better than to take this seriously, and even those are becoming rare. That's why I asked, the hobby seems to be dying off as a lot of people lose interest.

5 hours ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

I used to play it back in high school.  I really enjoyed the actual tactical miniatures game part of it, but absolutely hated the modeling and the idea of painting the models.  I never even got around to painting the army that I had.  Also dear god was it a fucking money sink of a hobby.  All said there are a lot of miniatures games out there that seem very interesting to play, but I could never get past the sheer expense and time the hobby takes.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite. Not so big on the game anymore but I do love the modelling and painting side. Yes it's expensive but I can buy one kit and it keeps me going for a month or two. Long term hobby. Not gamer friendly in the slightest really unless you're loaded or happy to wait a year before your first decent game. xD

1 hour ago, Sir Gibby said:

I used to be into it. I'd get back into it if Games Workshop wasn't making everything ridiculously expensive.

Try living with Australian prices. Not just on the hobby either, pretty much everything here costs more because who wants to ship stuff to some island continent in the middle of buttfuck nowhere ocean?