Really really bad opening acts

Toshabi

This is how the inhouse bars make their money.

I dunno why we need opening acts for shows these days. Is it to force people into succumbing to spending cash on booze and food? After listening to this opening act rape my ears with their version of sweet child of mine, I don't think my ears will be able to work again. Not to mention they're ruining artists like Bon Jovi, the Doors and Pink Floyd. Just gimme the main act that I came here for. And $10 for a rum and coke? HIGHWAY ROBBERY! >:[ 

Its like they want to make you suffer or something.

• Like 1

When I wen't to see Alestorm live during their Piratefest Tour they had a bunch of opening acts that were fucking awesome. 3 hours of opening acts and 2 hours of Alestorm <3 All for the low price of £22 so I call that a deal!

• Like 1

When I went to see tHe Dropkick Murphys Tiger Army opened for 'em. Loved 'em. Another band opened with them but they weren't memorable. 

How about when the local band that opened is better than the traveling band that came before the headliner? When I went to see Helloween back in March, Sunless Sky opened and played a solid show, good ol' Cleveland power metal. Helloween had a touring act tagging along, a band called Them. Them was pretty much a bunch of bad King Diamond wannabes with cheesy AF stage antics. Helloween put on a fantastic show, but that goes without saying.

So yeah, it's not always the opener that sucks.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2016 at 10:19 PM, LazerMaster5 said:

How about when the local band that opened is better than the traveling band that came before the headliner? When I went to see Helloween back in March, Sunless Sky opened and played a solid show, good ol' Cleveland power metal. Helloween had a touring act tagging along, a band called Them. Them was pretty much a bunch of bad King Diamond wannabes with cheesy AF stage antics. Helloween put on a fantastic show, but that goes without saying.

So yeah, it's not always the opener that sucks.

The second time I saw In this Moment, I walked out of that show going, "Well the first band that played was the best of the night." All Hail the Yeti fucking rule, but then, beating out Motionless in White probably isn't that hard. ITM have gotten so far up their ass with goofy stage shit that it's hard to care about them these days, even if I have seen them like four times because they apparently love my city.

I go for the openers when it comes to their shows. They book some really cool bands I've never heard of until I show up.