Ansitru's sketchbook

Ansitru

Okay. Lord knows I have this terrible habit of starting these and then forgetting to update them. However, I want to give it a go again, because I've been trying to draw at least one sketch a day. -ish. 

And if I forget to update for prolonged periods of time, please feel free to kick me and tell me to draw. Chances are, I need that boot to get going again. 

I also update with some progress-shots on my art-tumblr and Instagram, but I'll try to cross-post as much as possible.

And to kick this thread off, here are some recent sketches that I'm working on.

Sidenote: I seriously love that image-uploading WORKS on here. So much easier than putting together the image-links and then adding a clickable link to the image.

Herboreal Chibi_Smaller.png

Acoro Sketch Clothes.png

Sketch exercises 7-9-2015_Small.png

And a nsfw sketch because of bewbs: https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/55fb58e27f12ef28fcb59f8f/1500x1800/d48c3d621b2a490be6cc212e0516155f/Herboreal_Bust.png

• Like 1

The little which cat. ;3;

DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND TROUBLE! FIRE BURN AND CAULDRON BUBBLE! Making Meow Mix Brew, I am!

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

and aaaaah itsapomeraniantho, though the ref from the commissioner looked ambiguous. 

So, time to draw more dogs an study the differences! ; u ; 

And thank you so much! <3

I HEARD MY NAME. WAS I SUMMONED?

Lookit her cute stubby little legs! ;3; 

Yes! I drew a pin-up and it looks kind of bland, tbh. And seeing as how you always draw such masterful pin-ups, I kind of wanted to know what your con-crit would be. ; u ; 

And n'aww, thank you! <3

I've found the time to scan some stuff today, some of which will be finished digitally. Other stuff, like this, is ready for this thread already.

I'm also not sure if I've mentioned it explicitly before, but con-crit is abolutely welcome! While I have already spotted some mistakes in my Inktober-work that I can't really fix anymore (ink being permanent and all), I'd still be more than happy to hear what else could be fixed, added or done better. :> 

Shaggy_Inkcap_Bookmark_Smaller.thumb.pngArcadia_DnD_Smaller.thumb.png.c61dc03227

Really nice, also I have that same habit of neglecting to update my threads like these.

Thanks! 

I feel like monthly projects are a great way to keep my on track, tbh. Otherwise I just keep putting it off because I'm busy as hell, or too tired or because of another excuse. When in reality, I can knock out a sketch like those Inktober pieces in under 30min and get my practice in.

Edited by Ansitru

Golly gosh, Angel arts! <3

The jump in quality and technique with your inktober work is astounding to see. Your latest one with the bird atop the skull is so detailed; amongst the feathers especially is where I really notice this and it's just so beautifully done. I'm afraid to ask out of sounding dumb, but I'm curious as to what you're using for the white bits in some of these. Is it just a white pencil crayon or is there some special pen that works well with black ink?

Also just a thought, but have you ever thought of doing mixed media? :P Your traditional lines with your digital colouring would be really neat to see!

• Like 1

Golly gosh, Angel arts! <3

The jump in quality and technique with your inktober work is astounding to see. Your latest one with the bird atop the skull is so detailed; amongst the feathers especially is where I really notice this and it's just so beautifully done. I'm afraid to ask out of sounding dumb, but I'm curious as to what you're using for the white bits in some of these. Is it just a white pencil crayon or is there some special pen that works well with black ink?

Also just a thought, but have you ever thought of doing mixed media? :P Your traditional lines with your digital colouring would be really neat to see!

Eep, thank you so much Moogle! <3

And no worries! I used a regular white pencil for these because I stil haven't found a good, portable white ink that isn't gouache or requires a dip-pen, haha. 

And I have been considering it, yep! Especially because I'm starting to like my traditional inks more than my digital ones. :D

Ohsnap! You're totally keeping consistent with this thread! Super cool! !

I agree with Moogle. The line-works and details are so well done! Such productivity going on here ~ KEEP GOING

I started inktober and I ain't quitting!

And thank you, Hewge! You're a Hewge motivation!