RANT? Super awkward phys. therapy today...

PlusThirtyOne

Today i learned my therapist thinks i'm an idiot, a pervert, a deviant, a pothead and morally corrupt.

Well...he didn't say these things. -But he certainly didn't tiptoe around his opinions while we were going over our routine measurements and stretches. i've been seeing this therapist since May, twice a week. Up until now i only knew he had a kid, he went to church and he was in the Army. He usually likes to talk about me because it helps me keep my mind off the pain. While starting to work on my hand and fingers, he started talking about hand anatomy and the mechanics of how it all works and for once, he started off the appointment with a question:

"Do you believe in evolution?"

i -of course said, "Yup!", and he went totally blank faced. He suddenly goes off on a tirade about the Big Bang (which he clearly didn't understand), evolutionary theory (which he also hadn't a clue about), creation, the age of the planet, blah blah blah. -Like he was trying to teach me something or get me to "think". As if his wise words were going to make me say, "Gee, i never thought of that! Who MADE the Big Bang? DURRHURRHURR!".

What was i going to say on response? The guy has my injured fingers in a fuckin' vice grip (which hurt like a bitch by the way).

Without so much as a pause of silence, he starts going off about politics! Gun control! Gays! Trans bathrooms! Premarital sex! Freedom of this and that! (which is ironic because he kept on griping about taking away the freedoms of others) Without asking for any of my other opinions, he started on about the legalization of recreational drugs. Since i was no longer within his grip, i asked what his opinion was on medicinal cannabis and he kept going with, "Some people just want an excuse to get high!", (which i admit, he isn't wrong), "The dimwits who use the stuff for so-called-medicine are just fooling themselves and the government so they can get high. Weed doesn't cure anything. Users of that crap need to be thrown in jail!".
To which i replied, "Well, actually... i just started using it for my spine disorder."

Blank face.

i think at that moment it all sunk in. He probably realized how much he said and the opinions he shared. i think he could tell that we weren't seeing eye-to-eye on ANY of his ramblings. Before much else was said, he finished up and said i was free to go. i think i still had 15 minutes to go. Super awkward. i got up, confirmed my appointment for next week and left.

...i wonder how my next appointment's gonna go.

You should cross dress and come in stoned for your next session. If he sits down next to you tell him you're really interested in his views then tilt your head, smile, and place your hand on his knee. That's what I'd do.

I know this is irrelevant, but do people actually get high off of medical pot? I thought it just acts as a pain killer and has very mild/no psychotropic effects.

18 minutes ago, Hux said:

I know this is irrelevant, but do people actually get high off if medical pot? I thought it just acts as a pain killer and has very mild/no psychotropic effects.

CBD is the anti-inflammatory, pain reliever, etc. part in the plant.
THC is the part that gets you high.

Most strains of cannabis contain higher percentages of THC than CBD so you have to weigh what your needs are and how mellow you want to be. CBD doesn't work well unless it's paired with THC. Me, i medicate with lower THC strains with higher CBD content. You CAN take CBD extract alone but the unfortunate 'buzz' you get isn't a pleasant one. it's all the floatiness and absent-mindedness without the euphoria; not fun whether you intended to have it or not. Fun fact: You also don't even have to smoke it! i take CBD concentrate infused in honey that i can drink in my tea. Medicinal cannabis typically has lower THC content so you don't get stupid. in fact, it actually curbs my ADD!
Keep in mind, i'm no expert. i'm actually new to it and never even got close to the stuff, even in high school. Up 'til a month ago, i was a weed virgin.

2 hours ago, PlusThirtyOne said:

Today i learned my therapist thinks i'm an idiot, a pervert, a deviant, a pothead and morally corrupt.

Well...he didn't say these things. -But he certainly didn't tiptoe around his opinions while we were going over our routine measurements and stretches. i've been seeing this therapist since May, twice a week. Up until now i only knew he had a kid, he went to church and he was in the Army. He usually likes to talk about me because it helps me keep my mind off the pain. While starting to work on my hand and fingers, he started talking about hand anatomy and the mechanics of how it all works and for once, he started off the appointment with a question:

"Do you believe in evolution?"

i -of course said, "Yup!", and he went totally blank faced. He suddenly goes off on a tirade about the Big Bang (which he clearly didn't understand), evolutionary theory (which he also hadn't a clue about), creation, the age of the planet, blah blah blah. -Like he was trying to teach me something or get me to "think". As if his wise words were going to make me say, "Gee, i never thought of that! Who MADE the Big Bang? DURRHURRHURR!".

What was i going to say on response? The guy has my injured fingers in a fuckin' vice grip (which hurt like a bitch by the way).

Without so much as a pause of silence, he starts going off about politics! Gun control! Gays! Trans bathrooms! Premarital sex! Freedom of this and that! (which is ironic because he kept on griping about taking away the freedoms of others) Without asking for any of my other opinions, he started on about the legalization of recreational drugs. Since i was no longer within his grip, i asked what his opinion was on medicinal cannabis and he kept going with, "Some people just want an excuse to get high!", (which i admit, he isn't wrong), "The dimwits who use the stuff for so-called-medicine are just fooling themselves and the government so they can get high. Weed doesn't cure anything. Users of that crap need to be thrown in jail!".
To which i replied, "Well, actually... i just started using it for my spine disorder."

Blank face.

i think at that moment it all sunk in. He probably realized how much he said and the opinions he shared. i think he could tell that we weren't seeing eye-to-eye on ANY of his ramblings. Before much else was said, he finished up and said i was free to go. i think i still had 15 minutes to go. Super awkward. i got up, confirmed my appointment for next week and left.

...i wonder how my next appointment's gonna go.

Yikes, that's totally unprofessional.

Can you find a different physical therapist? I'd be tempted to report him because I think that does cross a line in the practice of medicine: they're not there to foist moral opinions on people, which might, in fact, cause them to feel worse.

Is this part of a church-based hospital/health center?

~

'Medical' grade weed seems fine to me! The various types might work in somewhat different ways, but it gets ya nice and stoned, that's for sure. in DC, anyone can now grow up to 6 plants, and here in Maryland, you can have up to an half upounce, and it's just a ticket. So in and around DC and Baltimore, you tend to smell a lot of weed being smoked! I think eventually, Maryland will just make it legal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PlusThirtyOne said:

You CAN take CBD extract alone but the unfortunate 'buzz' you get isn't a pleasant one. it's all the floatiness and absent-mindedness without the euphoria; not fun whether you intended to have it or not.

That sounds like a horrifying experience.

6 minutes ago, PlusThirtyOne said:

No but you might think it was. They always have soft jesus rock playing quietly in the waiting room and the receptionist has a precious memories cross sculpture thingy on her desk.

Sounds scary. Like something out of a David Lynch film, almost!

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:45 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

Yikes, that's totally unprofessional.

Can you find a different physical therapist? I'd be tempted to report him because I think that does cross a line in the practice of medicine: they're not there to foist moral opinions on people, which might, in fact, cause them to feel worse.

Is this part of a church-based hospital/health center?

~

'Medical' grade weed seems fine to me! The various types might work in somewhat different ways, but it gets ya nice and stoned, that's for sure. in DC, anyone can now grow up to 6 plants, and here in Maryland, you can have up to an half upounce, and it's just a ticket. So in and around DC and Baltimore, you tend to smell a lot of weed being smoked! I think eventually, Maryland will just make it legal.

Sounds like it is a church based health center. We have an "ungodly" amount in this area, unfortunately. It makes it a bitch for my girlfriend to get things like birth control, she had to call five different doctors to get it. One of the doctors, in a light hearted manner, called her a whore for asking for it.

2 hours ago, Frig said:

Sounds like it is a church based health center. We have an "ungodly" amount in this area, unfortunately. It makes it a bitch for my girlfriend to get things like birth control, she had to call five different doctors to get it. One of the doctors, in a light hearted manner, called her a whore for asking for it.

Yikes.

If I was your sister, I think it would have been fun to have slapped the doctor, for such a comment. In a lighthearted manner.

Is this someplace in the south like Texas or something? Why are such places so weird with religion?