Domestic animals are entertained by the dumbest shit ever

Vallium

A bit of a side rant, I had a schedule planned out for today...turned out I overslept til 12 so I decided the first thing Im going to do (after a half hour power shower and miscellaneous morning things) was to start doing house chores for once, a task which pretty much took up the middle of my one day off, from 1 to 3:00. 

Although...I finally cleaned miscellaneous things so thats a damn accomplishment

Meanwhile, these two housedwellers have been crouching around me the entire day, hovering around me while I spray the bathtub, just staring.

How the frick are you two so amused? Its literally the most banal shit ever

Must be nice to have your most basic needs met by a higher species for the rest of your life so you can lay around and watch things get cleaned for your entertainment

Gosh, it sure is entertaining to observe human behavior, how odd

• Like 1

I can't tell if this is just a straightforward post or some sort of comment on humanity itself. humans these days take whatever entertainment they can get, and if something's boring they usually don't do it. it also appears to be an ambiguous outlook on the concept of self-dependence in this modern age....

Either way, I too enjoy watching others spray their bathtub.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JegoLego said:

I can't tell if this is just a straightforward post or some sort of comment on humanity itself. humans these days take whatever entertainment they can get, and if something's boring they usually don't do it. it also appears to be an ambiguous outlook on the concept of self-dependence in this modern age....

Either way, I too enjoy watching others spray their bathtub.

Thank you for that. It is indeed a look into the banality of mankind as merely a seemingly-higher up extention of cat behavior and platitude

• Like 1

I've been told that non-domestic animals are also amused by human activities. 

Maybe they think you're crazy and attacking the obviously not prey spots on the bathtub with water, and they're making fun of your bad hunting skills.

Or maybe I'm just anthropomorphizing the human tendency to anthropomorphize into your kitties. Zoothropomorphism?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I like to think domesticated animals have gone insane and make up stories as humans go along with their lives. Watching them, making up back stories as to why they're doing what they are doing.

Lol what would be a back story dogs would make about vacuums?